Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Sandeep aur Pinky Faraar Rights with Star or Sony since the movie was made in 2018
It's not produced by YRF rite, they are just distributing the film!
Completely produced by YRF. Co-produced with Dibakar Banerjee Productions in this case. You should know YRF normally never co-produces anything with any other house, unlike Dharma. TV rights guaranteed with Star and digital with Amazon as per the recent trends (War, Mardaani 2).

The film was delayed repeatedly (over a year) after the poor careers of Arjun and Parineeti, with the most infamous and hated film being Namaste England. Arjun's Panipat and Parineeti's Jabariya Jodi have flopped too. Now they return to the house that launched them. It remains to be seen how well SAPF will work in theatres, TV and digital.

Last edited:
Completely produced by YRF. You should know YRF never co-produces anything with any other house, unlike Dharma. TV rights guaranteed with Star and digital with Amazon as per the recent trends (War, Mardaani 2).

The film was delayed repeatedly (over a year) after the poor careers of Arjun and Parineeti, with the most infamous and hated film being Namaste England. Arjun's Panipat and Parineeti's Jabariya Jodi have flopped too. Now they return to the house that launched them. It remains to be seen how well SAPF will work in theatres, TV and digital.
Source

Taran Adarsh tweet reads produced by Dibakar Benerjee Productions and yrf release? Am I missing something here as the yrf logo is also missing from posters?

Completely produced by YRF. You should know YRF never co-produces anything with any other house, unlike Dharma. TV rights guaranteed with Star and digital with Amazon as per the recent trends (War, Mardaani 2).

Since it finished in 2018, isn't it supposed to be with Sony?

So star - yrf Rs 500 cr deal movies till now:
War
Mardani 2
Sandeep aur pinky pharar (upcoming)
Pinky aur babli 2
Prithviraaj (upcoming)
Shamseera (upcoming)
Jayeshbhai jordaar (upcoming)
7 movies done confirmed till now

I think one of the big reasons that Sony wasn't able to able take Yrf films rights because after they acquired Ten sports from Zee for a whopping Rs 2600 cr they needed to balance their budget, so in order to balance it they didn't went that high in yrf as star did, maybe the next time they may be get it back though T series has also worked for them with movies like Kabir singh, Hindi medium, Batla house, Pati patni or woh, Marjaavaan, Malang, street dancer, sonu ke titu Ki sweety etc

Last edited:
Source

Taran Adarsh tweet reads produced by Dibakar Benerjee Productions and yrf release? Am I missing something here as the yrf logo is also missing from posters?
I stand corrected. This particular film is co-produced with Dibakar Banerjee Productions. Others are produced by YRF only.
Since it finished in 2018, isn't it supposed to be with Sony?
It depends on the release year, not the production year.

Source

YRF Release most likely means either they r distributing it or came on board last moment as producers to see the movie being completed and be screened. Such long delay might be due to several reasons including financial crunch

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock