Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

They have to renew it they don't have any other option. Goldmines has launched their movie channel so now They have to ramp up Bollywood space. Besides T-Series and VVC. Sony only has active partnerships with Goldmines, NH Studioz and BR Films(if they are the sole producers). There is ABCL and Goldie Behl but they are once in a while makers. SPN is ramping up its productions to ensure content. Firoz Nadiadwala too is coming on July

SPNI is not even giving adequate airtime to its own productions let alone much off offbeat stuff or classic cinema lying idle. Hope all the classic or offbeat stuff moves to star as most of its rights r with Shemaroo or banners which star is now pursuing deals. Well for that matter now Goldmines even giving Star much of content rather than being exclusive partner of Sony.

I hv been requesting sony since ages to please give bollywood adequate place on chs but no major changes happened and as i was making out banners must have felt unhappy with so many of their films not getting visibility so shifted to rival networks. YRF had such strong bond with Sony, stayed together for over 20 yrs without a formal agreement as i had read somewhere just bcoz of mutual respect but really so many of their films which deserved massive audience never got proper oppurtunity on sony

Sony actually looking to start fresh with new bollywood movies. That's why they are letting most of the old bollywood movies go to other network. But many of them will be really missed by them

Off Topic - Sony might as well sell AXN to same company which is now managing their branded chs in Asia

I think sony channels is trying to focus on other new projects sony liv logo is changed might be channels logo may also change..
Bro it's difficult to Renew Rights after 5 years with different Productions
Better Sony should offer more price to continue deal with major production houses

My guess Firoz Nadiadwala ( Base Industries) movies moving to Star :blush2:
U can't expect all things to go to Star only there are other networks also. Star already getting srk 22 films and old yrf films (probably). firoz A nadiawala definitely moving to Sony as they have produced many mass entertainers films which Sony is looking for

Most of the big productions is with sony only bro nothing is difficult they can manage.
Dhoom, Dhoom 2 and many other YRF movies soon moving to Star
Better Sony should Renew old movies of YRF, T Series, Vishesh films, Goldmines Telefilms and Balaji motion pictures

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock