Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Sony had ample opportunities to create a good bollywood films library and give them adequate space across chs but they over relied on dubbed cinema and now completely out of race in this segment. Even producers or actors want good visibility on tv apart from required price

Source bro...did u saw the promo in any zee channels??
Bro It Was Aired Around 8-10 Days Back On Sony Max/Sony Wah So It Won't Air So Early Zee. Eg: Bhoothnath Wasn't Aired On Sony Channels Since November And It Now Airing On Star Gold In January End. So It Will Take Some Time For The Attacks Of 26/11 Also To Air On Zee

Bro It Was Aired Around 8-10 Days Back On Sony Max/Sony Wah So It Won't Air So Early Zee. Eg: Bhoothnath Wasn't Aired On Sony Channels Since November And It Now Airing On Star Gold In January End. So It Will Take Some Time For The Attacks Of 26/11 Also To Air On Zee

It might also go to star/disney or become part of shared library

Dhoom Franchise, Band Bajaa Baraat, Ladies Vs Rick Bahl, Gunday, Bank Chor, Ye Dillagi, Ta Ra Rum Pum, Salaam Namaste, Fanaa, Hum Tum , New York, etc likely to shift . If star/disney pays demanded amount then maybe popular ones might also shift

It might also go to star/disney or become part of shared library

Dhoom Franchise, Band Bajaa Baraat, Ladies Vs Rick Bahl, Gunday, Bank Chor, Ye Dillagi, Ta Ra Rum Pum, Salaam Namaste, Fanaa, Hum Tum , New York, etc likely to shift . If star/disney pays demanded amount then maybe popular ones might also shift
Is all YRF films with Sony? This week they are showing 3 YRF films in US

Bhootnath franchise rights is with BR Films and star/disney will get thru agreement with them. T Series will be separate deal which will include other films individually produced by them. I m expecting even some YRF, VVC films moving to star/disney. Sony is now losing out in bollywood films segment and it has no choice but to depend on dubbed cinema.
I think BR films shutdowns, Probably Late BR Chopra's Grandsons sold entrie library to other sources and Bhoothnath showing Satellite and Digital Rights Distribution source NH Studioz.
M6Aac4A.jpg

Last edited:
Rohit Shetty's All The Best Expired From Zee In April 2020 And Since Then It Wasn't Available On Any OTT Platform After It Was Removed From Zee5. Now The Movie Has Been Added On Amazon Prime Video Recently
qYKB5lU.png
So Now There Are Chances That It Will Be Renewed By Star Gold/Colors Cineplex(My Expectation/Prediction)
Rohit Shetty's All The Best likely moving to Star, through NH Studioz.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock