Scam Alert : Collect Set Top Box

prak2020

Reaction score
I thought of posting this update last month.Since it happened again. I am posting this now.

I did not recharge Dishtv for about 150 days.Strangely on a weekend i received a call from local mobile number in Chennai.

She told me that my DISH TV box is Deactivated for more than 5 months and i have to return the box.
Since i have little knowledge about DTH, i told her i will recharge again sometime.
She repeatedly told me that even if i recharge , box wont get activated and permanently de activated.
I have no other choice than returning box, she is asking me when to send the person to collect the box.

I wanted to test if the box works.I recharged it for 100rs and it worked fine till validity. Again i got call from her telling the same story.

This time asked her few questions like her Name : Saraswathi
Phone number : 8608375***
I asked if she is employee of dish tv ,she said after thinking yes. she insisted box will not be active.
It is some sort of scheme people to get the boxes from the customers.Most of you dont fall, but be aware

If you never wish to use the box, you can handover the same to the shop where you bought originally and get a receipt. Or when such call comes from unknown person tell them you have already returned the box.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock