Seeking Help:Please guide me to make setup to view six FTA channels in Chennai

Reaction score
Friends,

I am in Chennai.
My sun dth subscription expired last week.I have digital satellite mpeg4 receiver OFS1700CIR,LMB,dish which are provided by sun dth.

I came to know about FTA channels through our forum.I want to enable the same in our home.As of now,I am zero in the same.Since there is no channel access now in my home,my aged parents are severely affected and insisting me to continue with same dth operator.

Required channels of my aged parents are only six.They are Puthiya thalaimurai,makkal tv,mega tv,kalaignar tv,kalaignar seithikal,thanthi tv.

Please quickly guide me  to  make setup to receive these six  FTA channels .

RE: How to view FTA channels through sun dth setup

contactgnswamy said:
Friends,

My sun dth subscription expired last week.I have digital satellite mpeg4 receiver OFS1700CIR,LMB,dish which are provided by sun dth.

My required channels are only six.They are Puthiya thalaimurai,makkal tv,mega tv,kalaignar tv,kalaignar seithikal,thanthi tv.

Is it possible to view   these channels by making changes in settings of mpeg4 receiver ?.

Please guide me.

if using fta mpeg4 receiver with this lnb and dish, u can watch only kalaingar tv, isaiaruvi, sirippoli, podhigai, zee tamil and vasanth tv( from 95* E dish tv fta channels and 93.5* E dd freedish channels)

sskarnold ,

Thanks for your reply.

To receive required 6 channels, should I buy new settopbox?.or should I change direction of dish ?.
Please help me.

contactgnswamy said:
sskarnold ,

Thanks for your reply.

To receive required 6 channels, should I buy new settopbox?.or should I change direction of dish ?.
Please help me.

hi, sundirect settop box no use for fta channels. u have buy any good fta hd mpeg4 settop box.then u have to slightly change the direction also....

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: Seeking Help:please guide me to make setup to view six FTA channels

sskarnold ,

Thanks for  your update.

which company and model settop box should I buy ?.Where to buy ?.Please mention approximate price.should I purchase new lnb ?.My aged parents  get frustated without watching tv.They started to blame me.I need to establish the setup as early as possible.

Please support  me.

RE: Seeking Help:please guide me to make setup to view six FTA channels

1 solid brand or any other brand dvb s2 hd box
2 which is your place and near by town you buy
3 no need to buy new lnb if you have old lnb
4 price start 1500 rs to 5000
if you dont know how to setup then ask to fit the local dth installer

Abdulla ,

Thanks for your reply.
I am in chennai.

1.Does sun dth dish come under ku-band dish category or c-band dish category ?.
2. shall i use existing dish  provided by sun dth or should I buy new dish ?.
If I should purchase new one,which one I have to buy either ku-band dish or c-band dish?.

Please answer me as early as possible.

Forum members ,Please guide me.

yes you are use old dish
and narasingapuram street set up box available

Abdulla ,

Thanks for ur reply.

I want to know sun dth dish come under ku-band dish category or c-band dish category .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock