Set Top Box Supporting USB Drives to Watch Movies on TV

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys

I want to buy a new set top box for DD Free Dish but there is one requirement!

Can any set top box be used to attach pen drive to watch movies on TV? For example I copy a .MKV movie to USB drive and then insert the USB drive into USB port of set top box and it allows to watch the movie directly on TV?

I'm using an older model of Sony LED TV which doesn't support .MKV movies. Thats why I'm planning to buy a new set top box for DD Free Dish which supports pen drives.

Is there any such STB available?

all mpeg 4 dvs2 stb support pvr option.
price are 950 to 4500 rs
best to buy solid stb go to
solid4you.com

^^ I dont want to record programs on USB drive. I want to watch already present movies on USB drive on TV by attaching the USB drive to set top box.

its possible to all record +usb + watch ur parsnal video file on pvr function

Can you suggest a good model of such STB? I'm ready to pay up to 5,000 for it. I want a future-proof and best STB for Free Dish along with ability to play MKV video files stored on USB drive.

wait dd official stb soon April 2017

If I purchase any Solid brand STB, will it auto scan all DD Free Dish channels like my current local brand STB is doing? There is no need to enter any parameters, just select Auto scan and it scans all available channels.

Will Solid brand STB also do the same or will I have to enter parameters?

DTH Fan said:
If I purchase any Solid brand STB, will it auto scan all DD Free Dish channels like my current local brand STB is doing? There is no need to enter any parameters, just select Auto scan and it scans all available channels.

Will Solid brand STB also do the same or will I have to enter parameters?

go to settings
tp list
add new tp
done.
u also edit parameters
go to channel list
use edit option (use green,red,yello,blue)
audio,, video edit

^^ You didnt understand my question! I dont want to manually enter any parameters to scan DD Free Dish channels. So I want to ask will Solid set top box automatically search for DD Free Dish channels like my existing local branded set top box does?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock