Setting up Sony Bravia IR blaster with new Transfer+ HD PVR

kartnite

Reaction score
The IR blaster that had come bundled with my Sony Bravia worked flawlessly with the normal HD set top box, but doesn't recognise the new Transfer+. 

Weirdly, it does recognise an older version of the DVR. 

Has anyone else faced this issue? Also, is there any way to program the T+'s universal remote to control all aspects of the smart TV and not just the power/volume? 

To the mods/admin - Posted this here because I wanted to specifically ask fellow TataSky Transfer+ users. If it ought to be posted else where, please do so (and I will bear the same in mind for next time).

Yeah, it recognises mine but there is a lag of 2 seconds. Bravia installation guy admitted they have an issue with all boxes with DVR.

kartnite said:
The IR blaster that had come bundled with my Sony Bravia worked flawlessly with the normal HD set top box, but doesn't recognise the new Transfer+. 

Weirdly, it does recognise an older version of the DVR. 

Has anyone else faced this issue? Also, is there any way to program the T+'s universal remote to control all aspects of the smart TV and not just the power/volume? 

To the mods/admin - Posted this here because I wanted to specifically ask fellow TataSky Transfer+ users. If it ought to be posted else where, please do so (and I will bear the same in mind for next time).

I was told by a BOSE technician installing at a friend's place that it seems the TS Transfer Box uses RF and Not IR. Members can confirm that if that is true. THat could be a reason, if true, that the IR Blaster does not work. I have the old HD PVR and the SONY IR Blaster works perfectly.  You can even set up the way the IR blaster performs so that it automatically inserts the Carriage Return Key Press so that latency decreases when typing in Channel numbers. All other TS functions are instant and can be even controlled by the ACTION Menu key of the SONY remote. The Program guide app on Sony also works exceptionally very well (Except that new channel numbers of recently added channels are missing).

You can use some of the UNIV buttons on your TS remote like HELP or MUTE or Volume to progrma and allocate to controlling your AVR like switch off/on or whatever THREE other functions you like. Beyond that nothing much can be done.

Get a Universal remote ( I got one for 500 on Amazon and its made life simpler)

venky69 said:
Yeah, it recognises mine but there is a lag of 2 seconds. Bravia installation guy admitted they have an issue with all boxes with DVR.

If you don't mind my asking - Do you have the most recent DVR? Or is it the older version? 

And if it is an issue the Bravia guy has admitted, I supposed it will require an update from Sony/Android?

joysen said:
I was told by a BOSE technician installing at a friend's place that it seems the TS Transfer Box uses RF and Not IR. Members can confirm that if that is true. THat could be a reason, if true, that the IR Blaster does not work. I have the old HD PVR and the SONY IR Blaster works perfectly.  You can even set up the way the IR blaster performs so that it automatically inserts the Carriage Return Key Press so that latency decreases when typing in Channel numbers. All other TS functions are instant and can be even controlled by the ACTION Menu key of the SONY remote. The Program guide app on Sony also works exceptionally very well (Except that new channel numbers of recently added channels are missing).

You can use some of the UNIV buttons on your TS remote like HELP or MUTE or Volume to progrma and allocate to controlling your AVR like switch off/on or whatever THREE other functions you like. Beyond that nothing much can be done.

Get a Universal remote ( I got one for 500 on Amazon and its made life simpler)

Yes, I am using the limited Universal functions offered by the new TS remote (volume/mute/AV/power). 

Not sure re: RF/IR - will ask a technician (or if someone else here can clarify). 

Really hope there is a fix. Bummer otherwise.  :angry

<bump> Was just wondering if there is any update to this? Sony pushed an OS update few weeks ago, but no fix on the STB front. What a waste!

In my Sony kd43x8200e ir blaster doesn't work with Tata sky transfer box but when I had normal Tata sky HD box it used to work with ease I don't know why it doesn't recognise Tata sky transfer box ?

It doesn't work for me either, i am also Transfer box user and having Sony android TV.

Sorry if I have bumped into old thread.. I wanted ask has anyone solved this problem.. because same is happening with me I'm unable to set up my Sony Bravia ir blaster with my tatasky hd pvr box... Earlier it worked with hd box

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock