Shah Rukh Khan to release autobiography soon

kramkumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan, who has been writing his autobiography since many years now, has revealed that his book is almost near completion and he would be releasing it very soon.

The book that has been christened "Twenty Years In A Decade" will focus on the life of the 45-year-old actor from the year 1991 to 2001.

"I am writing this book since more 10 years now. It is called 'Twenty Years In A Decade' because I felt that in 10 years, I've lived a life of 20 years between 1991 to 2001. It's almost complete now and one of these days when I complete it, I will ask my writer friends to edit it and I'll release it," Shah Rukh told reporters here at an event to release Kanika Dhillon's debut novel "Bombay Duck Is A Fish".

"It's a fun book and is about positivity and hope and its funny, like I am. I've written things about my life in a fun way. Very personal things are there in it, selective memories though. There is a chapter on journalism too," he said.

Although the actor has written about various facets of his life in the book, his favourite chapter remains the one that mentions his parents, who passed away when he was quite young.

"One of my favourite chapters in the book is about my mother and father. Its eight pages long. Whoever writes a book for the first time, parents' mention is always there," said Shah Rukh.

Since he has already tried his hand at writing a book, when asked if he would ever venture into writing a film, Shah Rukh, who is a voracious reader, refused.

"That's an expert thing to do. In every film I work, my inputs are always there but full script, I don't think I know the science or the mathematics behind it. Anyone can write a story but its difficult to write a screenplay."

"I don't know it. Infact a matter of fact, If I get a chance, I would like to do a course of screenplay writing for one-two months. I have read a lot of books on that but I think you need someone to teach you, to actually learn it," he said.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Riddhiman Zero | Shah Rukh Khan, Anand L Rai, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif Bollywood 47
R Shah Rukh Khan to play a soldier in war film based on Operation Khukri Bollywood 0
R Shah Rukh Khan a part of Baahubali 2? South Indian Films 0
R Shah Rukh Khan to receive Doctorate from President Pranab Mukherjee Bollywood 0
R Salman Khan beats Shah Rukh Khan; tops the ‘2016 Forbes India Celebrity 100 List’ Bollywood 2
R Shah Rukh Khan to receive 4th National Yash Chopra Memorial Award Bollywood 0
R Shah Rukh Khan to host Filmfare Awards once again(Winners List 2017) Bollywood 3
hike Shah Rukh Khan TED Talks India : Nayi Soch Starts 10 Dec, 7 PM on Star Plus TV Shows & Programs 37
hike Dear Zindagi Poster Out Staring Aalia Batt & Shah Rukh Khan checkout! Bollywood 1
R Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar among world’s highest paid actors Bollywood 0
R Shah Rukh Khan to make his debut appearance on Marathi television TV Shows & Programs 1
Girish I want to buy a plane, but don’t have money, says Shah Rukh Khan Bollywood 0
Girish Shah Rukh Khan to host Filmfare Awards once again! Guess Who is it? Bollywood 0
Girish Shah Rukh Khan disappointed with Dilwale's box office performance Bollywood 10
hike Kapil replaced Shah Rukh Khan as a host of upcoming 22nd Annual Star Screen Awards TV Shows & Programs 2
rahul31 Shah Rukh Khan & Kajol upcoming film Dilwale Movies & Music 1
Thakur Press Releases Starring the King and Queen of Bollywood, Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika TV Channels News 0
wewake Shah Rukh Khan to host show on Zeel's new GEC '&TV' TV Channels News 7
Dinesh jain Shah Rukh Khan tweets pictureof his son AbRam Achievements & Wishes 3
SarfaRaZ Shah Rukh Khan presented with Global Diversity Award in London. Bollywood 2
Thakur Zee TV to unveil dance reality show with Shah Rukh Khan TV Shows & Programs 0
Shaikhere Happy New Year | Official Trailer (Tamil) | Shah Rukh Khan | Deepika Padukone South Indian Films 2
Thakur Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan giving heroines a run for their money Bollywood 1
S Shah Rukh Khan will attend Rajinikanth's Kochadaiiyaan music launch Movies & Music 0
S Shah Rukh Khan to host Bigg Boss 8! TV Channels News 3