Discussion Should DTH and Cable TV Operators of India charge Network Capacity Fees (NCF)?

Should DTH and Cable TV Operators of India charge Network Capacity Fees (NCF)?

• Yes

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 71.7%

• Total voters

Subhajit

Reaction score
Should DTH and Cable TV Operators of India charge Network Capacity Fees (NCF)? As there was no Network Capacity Fees before the introduction of Set Top Box.

Yes, NCF can't be avoided. If customers are choosing only FTA channels, operators can't meet the expense only with carriage fees. By NTO, we get a transparency on the charges. Also, it's not mandatory to charge the maximum value of 130+tax. Operators can charge as per their wish and it can even be 0. It's upto them. But most of the players are charging the maximum allowed price.

Yes, NCF can't be avoided. If customers are choosing only FTA channels, operators can't meet the expense only with carriage fees. By NTO, we get a transparency on the charges. Also, it's not mandatory to charge the maximum value of 130+tax. Operators can charge as per their wish and it can even be 0. It's upto them. But most of the players are charging the maximum allowed price.
How much you were paying as cable TV bill before the introduction of Set Top Box and NTO and Network Capacity Fees?

How much you were paying as cable TV bill before the introduction of Set Top Box and NTO and Network Capacity Fees?

Cable guy was family friend, so before stb there was no bill.
For analogy, before electricity meter in my village, electricity bill was also very low. Just gave some chai-pani charge to friendly electricity board guys.

So now, can i demand removal of stb and electricity meters?

Before introduction of NTO they charged hidden amount... mnimum pack price is 150. average 120 rupees as network charges. every three months once 3 to 4 days blackout any one broadcaster channels in any one operator. most of the time sony or star group channels getting blackout frequently.

Yes, in Siti Digital, my local cable operator, my close friend, started my 0rs pack with some free and paid channels like Aaj Tak, News18 India, etc. But when I tried to subscribe a channel it was adding 153 ncf with it. So, we can watch free channels in free, atleast in cable tv, but they want money. It was only for a short time.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock