Seeking Help Should I Buy a Long Duration Plan?

sourav83

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using ADTV for the last couple of months and my current plan will expire on 3rd December. In light of the TRAI order kicking in early next year, is it advisable to buy a long duration pack like Infinity HD? Will there be any impact on these packages after the TRAI tariff comes in?

My requirement is to get maximum number of channels as our family watches diverse content.

Hi,

I have been using ADTV for the last couple of months and my current plan will expire on 3rd December. In light of the TRAI order kicking in early next year, is it advisable to buy a long duration pack like Infinity HD? Will there be any impact on these packages after the TRAI tariff comes in?

My requirement is to get maximum number of channels as our family watches diverse content.

As of now there is no clarity if the channel prices will increase or decrease (package wise), but a ala carte wise it may decrease.

I am also at the same position as you as we watch HD channels.

As of now there is no clarity if the channel prices will increase or decrease (package wise), but a ala carte wise it may decrease.

I am also at the same position as you as we watch HD channels.
Thanks for your reply. Any other suggestions?

Also I hope once I have taken the LDP, will it be impacted post TRAI tariff?

Thanks for your reply. Any other suggestions?

Also I hope once I have taken the LDP, will it be impacted post TRAI tariff?

I guess once you take LDP, u cannot change the pack even post TRAI tariff as u have opted for the LDP before the new pack came into force. U will have to continue with it till 1 year till it expires

Since you watch variety of channels so LDP will be best for you because post new tarrif implementation you'll pay much more than now. Moreover, there's no update about future LDPs, no one knows that it'll become costlier or cheaper. So, if you are satisfied with your current LDP then continue with it.

Since you watch variety of channels so LDP will be best for you because post new tarrif implementation you'll pay much more than now. Moreover, there's no update about future LDPs, no one knows that it'll become costlier or cheaper. So, if you are satisfied with your current LDP then continue with it.
That's what I thought as well. Maybe once the next LDP cycle comes (end of next year), things would have settled down.

By the way, I believe the TRAI tariffs come into effect from Jan right?

More than the Trai tarrif order, wait for Jio's imminent entry. This may be a game changer for all. I dont give much importance to Trai tarrif order, in the end, its market which decides.

More than the Trai tarrif order, wait for Jio's imminent entry. This may be a game changer for all. I dont give much importance to Trai tarrif order, in the end, its market which decides.
Yes but I am worried that there could be some impact in the short term. In the long term things will settle down. So for now I think I will go ahead with the LDP so that it gives me time for another year.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock