Should i buy Airtel Xstream Android Box or Not? Help deciding

Have you bought or looking to buy Airtel Xstream box?

• I will use Cable TV for another decade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In the Voting questionnaire, add one more option "No, I have Fire TV Stick and Cable/DTH"

@sushruta bro you've installed Airtel Xstream box but voted for No. Looks strange. Planning to get rid of it already?o_O

What's so disappointing with the box?
I have mentioned about the shortcomings of the Xstream box in my thread here & @Optimus_Prime has summed them properly in less words...No...I'm not trying to get rid of Xstream as I had to pay 4120 for the connection & it's not refundable...But If I would knew these problems earlier, I would not buy it myself & would stick with DishTV & would just add a normal android box which can play 4k files...

Supporting SD cards upto 128 GB, giving two USB ports without recording feature enabled (for now & maybe will be chargeable when that launches as per the technician) & without NTFS support (meaning only upto 4gb file readable) doesn't make sense to me atleast...Plus no 4k file support is a deal-breaker for me...Plus they gave me a normal (bad quality) LNB which is losing signal even when there is no rain...So, now I will have to pay addiitional money & buy a better LNB because AirTel CC said that even though the box was just installed only 2 days ago, they won't upgrade the LNB for free & I will have to pay the full cost of the LNB & they can't even tell which brand LNB they will give to me at like 900/-...So, I'm better off buying it myself as atleast I will know what item I'm buying...

Anyways, compromise is a vital part of life so yeah it's ok... :)

Last edited:
Looks like there is no stock or very limited stock in hyderabad. Till now didn't get any call from local team and yesterday even raised same issue with airtel on twitter.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock