• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!

Seeking Help Should I choose Airtel Digital TV HD or Tata Sky HD?

Pritish Kumar

Registered
Reaction score
I am a ADTV SD user since 2010, now that I am going to upgrade my TV should I choose ADTV HD or Tata Sky HD, my main concern is for HD channel's PQ and AQ. Which one should I go for considering am going to buy a 50 inch 4k tv? Mainly I'll be watching sports channel, movies and infotainment in HD

Last edited:

yolo77263

Registered
Reaction score
Would always suggest Tata Sky. I was an ADTV HD consumer for a few years but saw the difference I had heard about after switching to Tata Sky HD. Although Tata is a bit more costlier than Airtel, but for a 50 inch TV, it would be worth it :)

Pritish Kumar

Registered
Reaction score
Would always suggest Tata Sky. I was an ADTV HD consumer for a few years but saw the difference I had heard about after switching to Tata Sky HD. Although Tata is a bit more costlier than Airtel, but for a 50 inch TV, it would be worth it :)
Can you please state the major differences so that it can help me change my mind from airtel?😃
BTW, I am a fan of Tata Sky's Support and their user friendly online customer portals
Also I guess the cost of Airtel and Tata Sky is same after TRAI's tariff order in 2018

Last edited:

yolo77263

Registered
Reaction score
Can you please state the major differences so that it can help me change my mind from airtel?😃
BTW, I am a fan of Tata Sky's Support and their user friendly online customer portals
Also I guess the cost of Airtel and Tata Sky is same after TRAI's tariff order in 2018
Ok. I am on Tata Sky Binge+. It seamlessly merges online and linear content. Even when DTH is not working due to rains or whatever, you still can watch the channels through internet by clicking the logo on the EPG. On point of the EPG for Binge+, it is good, better than most have seen. Alongside you can even get access for Hotstar, Amazon Prime, etc. On the downside, I found the box to be a bit slow.
For similar ADTV XStreme box, EPG was unimpressive. Box just like Tata Sky Binge+ was a bit slow. My basic problem with ADTV was picture quality. Realized the difference when I moved to Tata Sky. This is more of a fanboy post :geek:

Pritish Kumar

Registered
Reaction score
Ok. I am on Tata Sky Binge+. It seamlessly merges online and linear content. Even when DTH is not working due to rains or whatever, you still can watch the channels through internet by clicking the logo on the EPG. On point of the EPG for Binge+, it is good, better than most have seen. Alongside you can even get access for Hotstar, Amazon Prime, etc. On the downside, I found the box to be a bit slow.
For similar ADTV XStreme box, EPG was unimpressive. Box just like Tata Sky Binge+ was a bit slow. My basic problem with ADTV was picture quality. Realized the difference when I moved to Tata Sky. This is more of a fanboy post :geek:
Is there any extra Per month subscription cost for Binge+ box or just the dth channel cost as usual?

Ashok L

Contributor
Reaction score
I am a ADTV SD user since 2010, now that I am going to upgrade my TV should I choose ADTV HD or Tata Sky HD, my main concern is for HD channel's PQ and AQ. Which one should I go for considering am going to buy a 50 inch 4k tv? Mainly I'll be watching sports channel, movies and infotainment in HD
If your watchlist is HD channels, go for Airtel. Both TS and Airtel have best PQ in HD channels. But it in Airtel will be little realistic in colors than TS. you can check that in any TV showrooms. Also AQ is best when compared to other Dths

If your watchlist also contains SD along with HD, Please go with TS. TS gives better SD channel quality and quantity than Airtel.

Pritish Kumar

Registered
Reaction score
If your watchlist is HD channels, go for Airtel. Both TS and Airtel have best PQ in HD channels. But it in Airtel will be little realistic in colors than TS. you can check that in any TV showrooms. Also AQ is best when compared to other Dths

If your watchlist also contains SD along with HD, Please go with TS. TS gives better SD channel quality and quantity than Airtel.
What is with Tata Sky's AQ that everyone is unhappy about, what's the issue can you please explain?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RamBahal71 Seeking Help My led tv resolution is 1366x768, which resolution should i choose on my airtel dth 720 or 1080? Satellite Dish Setup 8
Bulgari Discussion DTH operators should give ability to choose LCN General DTH News & Discussions 9
M.J.Sadiq Viewer should have multiple options to choose MSO-Shyam Kumar, Puthiya Thalaimurai Digital Cable TV 3
pcc4 Should i buy HD or Binge+ Tata Sky 2
M Sad News DTH account should be active to avail Binge App services.. Tata Sky Binge+ 6
dcs Tata Sky+ HD Web Apps feature should be brought back Tata Sky+ HD 8
S Maa TV Should Renamed As Star Maa In Sundirect Sun Direct 3
anikamathur02 Test Card F Should Release In India Satellite Channels Updates 0
Anal singh I lost my customer id number and register mobile number. What should i do please help...also customer id is not avilable on my account option on t.v Airtel Digital TV 6
P Seeking Help Moving out of Sun Direct. I should move to Dish TV or D2H? DTH Support & Comparisons 16
DominicT Seeking Help Should i upgrade to D2H HD or go for Tata Sky/Airtel? DTH Support & Comparisons 19
S Discussion Should all SD channels adopt 16:9 ratio broadcast? TV Channels News 54
PrincePvarghese Pay Channels should avoid Fee in LockDown: Kerala CM TV Channels News 0
V Which direction should I align dish to get FTA tamil and other channels Satellite Dish Setup 8
Prasad1000 Discussion D2H should add & Prive HD , & Explor HD channels. d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 1
DJ Roy Discussion Should we have 1 day lock in period instead of 0 day lock in period? General DTH News & Discussions 16
S Discussion Should we continue using videocond2h or look for alternative d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 19
DJ Roy Discussion Should movie theatres offer refund for bad movies? Movies & Music 12
DreamDTH.com Article Exclusivity should not be defining criteria of Platform Service channels, suggests Tata Sky, Airtel and Asianet DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
Raviteja Should i buy Airtel Xstream Android Box or Not? Help deciding Airtel Xstream 15
Mylanji Discussion Godrej should try to make RK Studios into a world class studio rather than demolishing it and making it a highrise building Bollywood 1
JollyLNB Discussion Should d2h stop its Active channels? d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 5
rahulk Seeking Help Need some help about channel activation and the next step I should take d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 1
Aksgr Discussion Should BBC Networks be banned in india? TV Channels News 34
DJ Roy Haven't order The Grinch yet. Here's why you should. Movies & Music 0