Discussion Should TV shows be released early on streaming platforms?

Should episodes of TV shows come on OTT platforms before it's TV broadcast?

• Total voters
They are heartless and brainless to charge ₹27.14 for GEC. While offering 7 days old content.
Indirectly they want to say "Bhago yaha se aur hotstar dekho" Translation- "run & watch on hotstar"

I speculate that there long term plan is to shift audience to OTT cause that is more cost efficient for them than a satellite channel. Also, Eventually they can start pricing like netflix.

Indirectly they want to say "Bhago yaha se aur hotstar dekho" Translation- "run & watch on hotstar"

I speculate that there long term plan is to shift audience to OTT cause that is more cost efficient for them than a satellite channel. Also, Eventually they can start pricing like netflix.
The way you are saying is only increase audience to shift to telegram not Hotstar. It will increase piracy.
And the way you are saying it's cost effective I would like to tell you buddy that they are charging 22 rupees per month from a single tv connection while just by paying 499 that for year 4-6 people can easily watch it.

The way you are saying is only increase audience to shift to telegram not Hotstar. It will increase piracy.
And the way you are saying it's cost effective I would like to tell you buddy that they are charging 22 rupees per month from a single tv connection while just by paying 499 that for year 4-6 people can easily watch it.

I was saying cost efficient for STAR as maintaining an OTT platform is cost effective than satellite channel.

Regarding piracy, I don't have anything to say. They will obviously try to make systems secure as the product becomes mature and deployment goes at scale. The thing why I would prefer hotstar over telegram is I can watch it anytime anywhere on any device. Same thing on my local phone has limitations. And there will always be people who prefer app over telegram. They are currently trying to capture and expand that audience.

They also know audience who watch on telegram is not ready to pay.

They are not giving fresh episode for free. They are changing an amount for it. If someone pays that amount then OTT should provide the content. Now days TV watching is becoming expensive so it's better if customer shifts to OTT

I am customer of dth since so many years but sometimes I feel like even after playing lots of amount on hd and premium channels, we DTH users have no exclusive content. Problem is OTT apps give shiws 24 hours before tv at lesser costs with no ad. It is direct injustice. Star Plus shows are available 24 hours before tv, voot also has the same. Zee5 is giving episodes 12 hours before tv for free. All the movies are released after so many months of ott release. Problem happens to people living in villages where broadband is not available, so no ott in tv. Only Sony is the player who doesn't give shows in this format. I just hate it and request dreamdth team to say something on it. Thanks

OTT users paid more and a lot above DTH users. So they need premium with no ads.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock