Shri Tara Group launching Hindi news channel in Feb

Niraj Rathod

Reaction score
Shri Tara Group is all set to launch its Hindi news channel Himachal Aaj Kal in the second week of February 2012. The channel is currently being aired on a test basis using Disha India’s platform.

While acknowledging the fact that there were several well-established players in the Hindi news channel space, Madhav Kant Mishra, CEO, Disha India, remained upbeat and said, “I think we will definitely survive and gain the top spot as we are a skilled team and the top is always empty for those who deserve it.” At the same time he also said, “I also agree that one can reach the peak, but can’t make house there.”

The reason for Mishra’s confidence is the channel’s USP, which, according to him, was “airing pure news”, besides the presentation and content would be different. He explained, “Not everyone is interested in watching politics and crime. We will show why a crime has taken place and why corruption is the basic problem of our country, rather than merely showing where a crime has taken place.”

Regarding the promotion and revenue model for the soon-to-be-launched channel, he said, “We will be on DTH platforms like DishTV, Tata Sky, Videocon, Reliance Big TV, and Airtel. We expect to expand our base within a month of our launch. And as per the requirements, we will promote the channel in print, radio and electronic mediums.”

He stressed, “Local advertisers are our main priority as they will be the key players to generate our revenue. We are targeting all sorts of advertisers – from real estate to hospitals and educational institutions.”

Meanwhile, speaking on the issue of paid news, Mishra said, “I am totally against paid news. It will not affect my future projects as there will be strict guidelines for the employees regarding this.”

The organisation has ambitious plans to launch a news channel in the four regions of the country and become a well-known media house in the coming years.
http://www.exchange4media.mobi/story.aspx?news_id=45117&section_id=6

“We will be on DTH platforms like DishTV, Tata Sky, Videocon, Reliance Big TV, and Airtel.

Thats good news.

^Hmm...they are still in big tv. :p

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock