Seeking Help Signal issues with Tata Sky Multi TV

VVRChandra

Reaction score
Hi,

We have a Tata Sky Multi TV connection in my parents house and they are facing a weird problem off late.

The setup of the connection is as follows.

They stay in 2nd floor and the dish is located above the 6th floor of the apartment. The dish is fitted with a Super LNB (white and flat type) with a single cable coming coming from the dish to the junction box inside the flat at 2nd floor.

Inside the junction box, the cable from the dish goes to a splitter (have seen splitter written on it) with one input and two outputs. One output goes to the bedroom stb (TataSky Binge+ Android box) and the 2nd output goes to the HD+PVR stb in the hall which has two tuners in it. So the 2nd output from the splitter goes to a T-Junction type (don't know what it is called exactly, but not a splitter type, I guess) and two cables from this T-type joint goes to the HD+PVR stb located in the hall.

Now, the issue we're facing is happening for the last 6 months but have neglected in a way. The 2nd stb in the bedroom will work only when the 1st stb in the hall is at least in stand by mode. If the HD+PVR is switched off (power off), the 2nd stb in the bedroom shows no signal. So for the 2nd stb to work, the 1st needs to be in stand by mode always. This was not the situation before 6 months.

Where is the issue in the current setup. Is it the issue with Super LNB, internal cables or splitter. What is the link between the 2nd stb to work only when the 1st is working or standby mode.

I've replaced the HD+PVR stb with a normal HD stb which I have with me, to check the issue and there is no change in the situation. Even I've disconnected one cable from the T-type joint since only 1 is required for the normal HD stb instead of 2 for the HD+PVR stb.

Any inputs towards a proper solution to this are highly appreciated. If I need to change the spitter and/or T-type joint with anything new, request to pl suggest the items and source. If nothing else, I'll raise the issue with Tata Sky. I guess they will suggest to use external cables and I want this to be the last option. If anything can be done by changing the existing setup slightly and make the 2nd stb work without the necessity of 1st stb to be powered on, pl give your valuable inputs.

Mods : Pl move this to proper location if this is not the correct location for this post.

Thanks in advance,
Venkata Ramesh Chandra V

Last edited:
Splitter should be changed to one input and three output
Connector should be Avoided

I think the splitter and T is giving issues...If u use super lnb then it should be for HD+PVR only...
I think if u opt for dual port LNB and 2 cables directly to both STB... ie: 1 cable to Binge+ and another cable with splitter to HD+PVR...No T joint...T joint makes a looping type connection as u have to switch on both STB to get both polarities...T can be used for single polarity to 2 Receivers...Means works only for either horizontal or vertical...Technically speaking both pols have different voltage and tuner sends power 18 v for horizontal and 13 v to vertical...That'sy T will not fulfill the requirements...

I think the splitter and T is giving issues...If u use super lnb then it should be for HD+PVR only...
I think if u opt for dual port LNB and 2 cables directly to both STB... ie: 1 cable to Binge+ and another cable with splitter to HD+PVR...No T joint...T joint makes a looping type connection as u have to switch on both STB to get both polarities...T can be used for single polarity to 2 Receivers...Means works only for either horizontal or vertical...Technically speaking both pols have different voltage and tuner sends power 18 v for horizontal and 13 v to vertical...That'sy T will not fulfill the requirements...

Thanks for the suggestion. Since T joint could be the issue here, I'll remove it totally. Also, since the HD+PVR box is not being used for any recording, it will be paused/suspended and only the Binge plus stb and the normal HD STB will be used.

So the two outputs from the splitter will be for Binge plus stb and HD STB, avoiding the T joint totally. Also the HD+PVR box will not be used and will remain suspended.

Will check this setup tomorrow.

If the issue still persists after the new setup mentioned above, I'll change the splitter also. So pl give the links to any better quality splitters online. The current ones are around 10 years old.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the suggestion. Since T joint could be the issue here, I'll remove it totally. Also, since the HD+PVR box is not being used for any recording, it will be paused/suspended and only the Binge plus stb and the normal HD STB will be used.

So the two outputs from the splitter will be for Binge plus stb and HD STB, avoiding the T joint totally. Also the HD+PVR box will not be used and will remain suspended.

Will check this setup tomorrow.

If the issue still persists after the new setup mentioned above, I'll change the splitter also. So pl give the links to any better quality splitters online. The current ones are around 10 years old.

Thanks in advance.
I am not aware of present sellers as I left sat tracking 4 years ago...Also was not using them ...I think Solid brand was good...
Hoping Any other trackers may guide...

I have also faced this problem since the beginning when I took multi-tv connection.

I had TS HD+ PVR box as main STB. Then I took HD STB as multi-tv connection. Since then whenever I switch off PVR box, HD box stops receiving signals. But switching off HD box doesn't cause signal problem to PVR box.

I never tried to find out the culprit as this issue helps me. HD box is used by my kids to watch cartoons, movies, etc. Whenever I need to restrict them from watching TV, I simply switch off PVR box and HD box loses signals. :love:

fKMCN0H.jpg

EMuO8Mt.jpg

jjA9svI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock