Simple Satellite Finder Questions

xibalban

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm a newbie and hence have some very basic questions, the answer to which I couldn't find anywhere. It is regarding the use of satellite finder meter. The model that I have is Solid SF-24 analog meter. Here are my doubts:

1. Is the meter independent of the STB settings?

[Suppose I've just added a Satellite, 93.5 E for example, on my STB. There will be no transponders yet. Now, can I simply go to my terrace and start tuning my dish with the meter? Or, should I add more details. Also, can I tune to another satellite when my set-top box is showing some random screen?]

2. Can the meter be used through the DiSeqc switch?

[Or, should I directly connect the meter between the LNB and STB?]

3. How far away from the dish should the meter be?

4. The meter that I have, repeteadly blinks 22kHz LED after every 2-3 seconds, what does that mean?

For your information, I have a 4 feet Solid Prime Focus Dish, and a Dual Polarity Single output Solid LNB. I'm trying to tune into to Thaicom 5, and want to receive Nepal TV (FTA). If anyone is receiving this channel, please share the transponder details and dish size.

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes u need to add tp in stb, because there are lot of satellite. If you track 93 db meter make beep when it finds satellite. 93 have 91,90 also nearby . You need to add tp in stb.

2. Remove diseqc switch wise from both side. And first attach to diseqc switch from lnb, other one attach to diseqc switch reciever side coming from reciever.

4. It means stb is sending horizon and vertical signals. Whenever you move you dish it blinks. Mean recieving horizon vertical signal from satellite.

I usually remove the DiSeqC and use the tuner. Today I noticed that my meter slowly increases its reading without even moving the dish. Does that mean it is defective?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock