Breaking Singtel & Airtel to make an offer of 6.1K Crore for Dish TV

If Airtel succeeds this before JIO makes an impact then Airtel can challenge any low price offer from JIO as Airtel would then have both the user base and satellite space to do anything and everything without much loss in revenue. Airtel has to speedup this acquisition.

Even Sun Direct might be planning for a similar move to acquire competitors as they have good experience in these business.

Right now airtel is winning in internet speeds and would do at any cost to be the no.1 in dth also. Jio has to bring something unique and at low price to compete with airtel and will take big time to offer the quality and services like provided by airtel

Last edited:
Why spending crores of amount ?
Airtel
Just remove NCF or decrease to ₹50
Lunch new annual offers to ₹3000
Or ₹1600 for 6 months.
Release low price packs in all GENRES.
Automatically Airtel should reach 50% in 1 year.
Why wastely spend crores of money.?
After take over , if jio comes with attractive strategy like triple play in low prices .
Then what to do airtel ?
Takeover is Worst strategy by airtel in my view
you think its that easy?
Won't the competition respond?
Take Jio example? Do they have 50% mkt share?

They speak of reverse merger

From what I feel is that Airtel may be the majority stake owner in the acquired entity

ADTV may go for reverse merger that means dishtv would be the brand and not ADTV.

Experts please share the views

They speak of reverse merger

From what I feel is that Airtel may be the majority stake owner in the acquired entity

ADTV may go for reverse merger that means dishtv would be the brand and not ADTV.

Experts please share the views
I think brand will be ADTV ie Airtel Dish TV not Airtel Digital TV.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock