SKYWIRE LIVE WITH NIK WALLENDA aired live across the United States and in 223 countri

Satvijay

Reaction score
DISCOVERY CHANNEL CAPTURES NIK WALLENDA'S
HISTORIC TIGHTROPE CROSSING OVER THE GRAND CANYON
Relive his epic walk tonight at 8PM only on Discovery Channel

Tightrope walker Nik Wallenda, “The King of the High Wire,” has made history by becoming the first person ever to cross over the Grand Canyon. This was the highest tightrope walk ever attempted by Wallenda - towering 1,500 feet above the Little Colorado River, a height greater than the Empire State Building. Discovery Channel’s SKYWIRE LIVE WITH NIK WALLENDA aired live across the United States and in 223 countries.
“The Grand Canyon was a place I visited as a kid. For as long as I can remember, it has been a dream of mine to cross over such a spectacular setting,” said the 34-year-old Wallenda, a seventh-generation member of the legendary Flying Wallenda family. “I’m incredibly grateful to the Navajo Nation for allowing me to accomplish my dream and the Discovery Channel for trusting in my abilities.”
Nik walked over the canyon on a tightrope, approximately 1,400 feet across, without using any type of harness or restraint. Nik believes the harness creates a false sense of security and diminishes a craft that his family has spent generations learning to perfect. The untethered walk was also a chance to honour his great-grandfather, the legendary Karl Wallenda, who died after falling from a tightrope in Puerto Rico in 1978.
The tightrope crossing took place in a remote section of the Grand Canyon operated by the Navajo Nation Parks and Recreation and served as a spectacular backdrop to the event.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock