Discussion Smart Tv's Live TV app VS Hybrid Set-top box like Airtel Xtreme

shyamlal

Reaction score
With Hybrid Set-top box we can have a single unified interface for DTH Channels and Digital Apps.

Like this
Introducing%2Bthe%2BAirtel%2BXstream%2BBox%2BDon%25E2%2580%2599t%2Bjust%2Bwatch%2BTV%2Bon%2Byour%2BTV%252C%2Bwith%2BAirtelXstream%2B-%2BYouTube%2B-%2BMozilla%2BFirefox%2B2020-03-01%2B23-19-23.png

I can add my favorite channel's shortcut on main screen which is similar to Digital app's shortcut like Netflix, Youtube.

Like this

Airtel%2BXstream%2BDigital%2BSmart%2BBox%2B%2BXstream%2BStick%2B-%2BUnboxing%2B%2BHands%2BOn%2B%2BDigital%2B%2BSmart%2BTV%2BIn%2BOne%2B%2B-%2BYouTube%2B-%2BMozilla%2BFirefox%2B2020-03-01%2B23-23-05.png

Can with Live TV app in smart TV, we have the Same thing possible? A shortcut of bookmarked Channel on the main screen as a shortcut to jump directly to that channel?

If your are on Mi TV. You can bookmark any channel from your favourite cable and satellite provider with the help from inbuilt Sensy Remote app. You will need a separate IR Cable to purchase. Using IR cable you can navigate to favorite channel using Mi Remote (both IR and voice command) and you can use Sensy's mobile app to navigate to the channel as well.

Last edited:
If your are on Mi TV. You can bookmark any channel from your favorite cable and satellite provider with the help from inbuilt Sensy Remote app. You will need a separate IR Cable to purchase. Using IR cable you can navigate to favorite channel using Mi Remote (both IR and voice command) and you can use Sensy's mobile app to navigate to the channel as well.
Will it show only the channels I have subscribed to or all channels? Do you know any tutorial on it?
I would prefer a single remote but IR cable didn't work though, I don't know why.

Will it show only the channels I have subscribed to or all channels? Do you know any tutorial on it?
I would prefer a single remote but IR cable didn't work though, I don't know why.
It will work on all channels. You can manually select the channels you have subscribed to as favourite channels. You can search about tutorial on youtube as it is in violation of forum rules to post videos from youtube bloggers.

It's dependent on TV's OS & which type of channes you getting.

As Smart TV if it isn't carrying TV channels but channels coming from STB, In that case read below

In Mi TV & Sony TV there's IR Blaster USB device connected to TV & positioned in gront of STB, So if we increase or decrease volume or changes channels or press any channel number on TV's remote, it will bypass that input/change from TV to STB with help of that IR Blaster. User can make bookmarks on TV for specific channel number so with help of it User don't have to press full channel numbers, with press of that customizable bookmark/s On TV's interface you will diverted that channel number presets by you.

This function limited to chnnel number bookmark,numric keys,channel up down keys & volume keys.(As per TV's feature)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock