• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums - an online community for the television and tech enthusiasts!

Please Log in or Register yourself to ask a question, participate in a discussion.

Social media accounts need to be linked with Aadhaar to check fake news, SC told (1 Viewer)

DJ Roy

Dream Shine
Reaction score
Good move... especially in facebook..so many fake ids in facebook spreading rumors and all
Instead of that. Government should force Facebook to do strict moderation. Facebook's data gets leaked so often. Would you prefer some criminal to have your Aadhar details?

shreyaskini

Dream Pro
Reaction score
Good move... especially in facebook..so many fake ids in facebook spreading rumors and all
If you think this was done to prevent fake news then good luck. You fell for propaganda. This is infact not safe at all. In that case people would make themselves aware by visiting alt news, SM hoax Slayer and boom live on a regular basis. How hard is it? The ones that are actually doing something to stop fake news from spreading themselves are suppressed so this has nothing to do with it.

Abhinav842

DreamDTH Columnist
Reaction score
This is a nightmare. India is becoming new China slowly. Our government is trying die hard to control social media, main stream in already under control now this is their last hurdle. Criticize government on any topic and you will be thrown in Jail.

shreyaskini

Dream Pro
Reaction score
This is a nightmare. India is becoming new China slowly. Our government is trying die hard to control social media, main stream in already under control now this is their last hurdle. Criticize government on any topic and you will be thrown in Jail.
In that case what about people that are running post card news, the frustrated Indian etc? They're all pro BJP and should be extremely worried if this happens actually. I anyhow don't use FB so i will enjoy this and have a good laugh 😂

Abhinav842

DreamDTH Columnist
Reaction score
In that case what about people that are running post card news, the frustrated Indian etc? They're all pro BJP and should be extremely worried if this happens actually. I anyhow don't use FB so i will enjoy this and have a good laugh 😂
If that happens with Facebook then it will be enforced quickly on other social media platforms too. Twitter will be next. Facebook also owns Instagram and WhatsApp. So no one will be missed.

DJ Roy

Dream Shine
Reaction score
If that happens with Facebook then it will be enforced quickly on other social media platforms too. Twitter will be next. Facebook also owns Instagram and WhatsApp.
You are worried about that. What about this forum or any forums like reddit and 4chan? These will be also considered as social media sites.

piinku1

Dream Expert
Reaction score
It will be going to happen in future.
Pro-Governments will be left aside and anti-govt users will be punished.

Abhinav842

DreamDTH Columnist
Reaction score
I am shocked after this news. In few years they will say Google shows news from some unverified sources in search results so ban Google.

If any Social Media platforms refuses to follow there rules they will be Banned. At last we will get one Indian made unified social media platform (Highly likely same from Patanjali) which will be no better than China's WeChat.

This is something very big, no one should ever Support it. This government is showing how to use laws against some specific citizens.

Last edited:

Itsme...

Registered
Reaction score
Wth! Means i can understand if they want access to those chat history. That support needs to stop terrorism activities. But this Aadhar linking is just ridiculous. Aadhar has many sensible data. How can we just give it to a private cos like that? Even every year these private cos are facing a mass data breach. This is not the way to stop those fake news. Even with all necessary resource in hand like these, then also no one can stop those fake news from spreading. The only way out is to aware those people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock