Software upgrade in process, please o not switch off the box...

• Thread starter melwin
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 15,639

melwin

Reaction score
Hi,
Presently I am residing in Yemen, my frend bought dishtv hd tru receiver from India and it is working fine... But recently I too bought same receiver but it is showing message like..Software upgrade in process, please do not switch off the box...

please advise me what is the solution.

Thank you

melwin said:
Hi,
Presently I am residing in Yemen, my frend bought dishtv hd tru receiver from India and it is working fine... But recently I too bought same receiver but it is showing message like..Software upgrade in process, please do not switch off the box...

please advise me what is the solution.

Thank you

This means that your receiver software has newer version available, but since you are located in Yemen, you may not be able to run the update 'cause the update comes via NSS6 Satellite,not Asiasat 5 (this is the one you are getting signals from)
The only solution is to get it updated from India..

Ohh I see.... now I understand what is the problem... thank you for your valuable advise.

Please let me know is there any option to transfer new ver. software through stb to stb??? or through USB???

No its only OTA. Means over the air. You need to bring it to india to update or send it your relatives who are using dish tv and get it updated. you get only few channels there?

Direct Tv said:
No its only OTA. Means over the air. You need to bring it to india to update or send it your relatives who are using dish tv and get it updated. you get only few channels there?

Only channels from Asiasat 5 can be received in the Western parts of Arabia.

DishTV should bring the OTA update stream to Asiasat 5 also. It will sort out this issue which is experienced by users in this area.

Actually dish tv is for india. Using it outside india is illegal. Dish tv users in india would always be on NSS 6. Thats why they have released it on NSS6. there is no other solution then bringing it to india.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock