SOLID HDS2 2100 MPEG4 DVB-S2 HD 1080p Satellite Receiver with USB PVR stb details

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 30,343

Vinay

Reaction score
### Review Thread created on public demand###

Here we review the SOLID HDS2 2100 MPEG4 DVB-S2 Full HD 1080p Satellite Receiver with USB PVR set-top box. I got this sample stb from a stockist in my city.
Price is Rs2200 plus handling charges.

The packaging seems good and information/highlights are clearly written on the box like MPEG4 Full HD 1080p, 8PSK, H.264, HDMI etc. So lesser chances of getting cheated if the box tells all the points with confusing technical jargons.

y06VZ.jpg

eXunm.jpg

0hhIu.jpg

The box is built of metal with sufficient ventilations on the sides. During an hours operation, the box was not warm at all. Robust body with the "Solid" logo on the top, holes for airflow at the bottom are good.

jl6nS.jpg

XFqTe.jpg

The earlier HDS2 2100 had a 12Volt external adapter, this one has a 230 volt power cord. Power consumption is 15 Watts lesser than what other FTA boxes consume.

vbGY9.jpg

Am2ss.jpg

Good connectivity options LNB In, Loop Out to connect to another stb, Composite, Component Video, HDMI Out, Co-axial Digital Audio Out at the back panel.

2OAIR.jpg

h8aes.jpg

The front panel has the Power and Signal Lock LED indicators and a numeric channel display that serves as a digital clock in standby.
USB slot is enclosed inside a plastic lid also having a card slot like thing that is not functional.

ch3Pl.jpg

ywODY.jpg

uUaJz.jpg

KDkar.jpg

Channel number display:
wHbrU.jpg

Digital Clock:
ZTIRI.jpg

The remote is designed wisely with buttons operable by single hand as the remote is thin enough to fit in one hand.

u5qUJ.jpg

6HpEt.jpg

qGi2s.jpg

xHl5b.jpg

Other accessories: AV Cable and remote batteries
nPH5N.jpg

Now we come to the software part. The older version software had some issues with playing sound in Dolby Digital. So the newer HDS2 2100 boxes come with the software created for HDS2 3000 boxes. Hence the bootup screen shows 3000 :D

4aaza.jpg

The first thing a buyer has to check before getting any HD box is to actually try receiving HD channels like Angel TV HD or M Tunes HD. Duplicate boxes will fail the test. So either check it at the dealers shop if he has a dish aimed towards HD beams. If you are checking at your home better confirm if the dealer is ready to take it back if it does not work.

Mavcv.jpg

2pgKB.jpg

Lets see the User Interface of Solid HDS2 2100 stb:

SET5k.jpg

TFaHR.jpg

mEtu0.jpg

52Qag.jpg

XbMLh.jpg

JMM27.jpg

7NJII.jpg

vSDzn.jpg

STcOD.jpg

KKvqK.jpg

KSLT7.jpg

pXzR9.jpg

vkE6C.jpg

The Blind Scan is very fast in this box:

GDAhO.jpg

29xNL.jpg

A2uMM.jpg

Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) lists out timings of various programmes:
2ZLwy.jpg

iXecq.jpg

Signal Strength Info screen:
ZNRBK.jpg

Zoom upto 16X
3y0iO.jpg

Excellent job & high quality snaps Vinay as usual. :)

I must say excellent snaps.
I think u have given full review of this STB.
+Repu from me

amazing job vinay bhai... superb. after your post and ss i got that there is a card slot also for solid.

one question is that which card can be used with this stb????
is any future possibility of software upgradation which allows b*ss key for this box???
video file formats support by usb?????

please replay so i can buy it

Thanks Vinay bhai, Very Good Review Of Solid By U, all is Clear After Reading the Post,
here are also About Solid HDS2-2100
http://dreamdth.com/Thread-Solid-Hd-Box-Features-and-functions
http://dreamdth.com/Thread-DDF-Exclusive-My-New-Solid-HD-S2-2100-Full-HD-Fta-Stb

dhananjaylamb said:
amazing job vinay bhai... superb. after your post and ss i got that there is a card slot also for solid.

one question is that which card can be used with this stb????
is any future possibility of software upgradation which allows b*ss key for this box???
video file formats support by usb?????

please replay so i can buy it

No any Card Slote Working in The Solid HDS2 Coz No any loader Added in Solid :no Also no Future Possibility of Software upgradation And key editing function :p, use Orton,Openbox,or Dreambox For these Options.:k

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock