Solid SF-12 analog Signal finder/satellite db meter review.

These are the screen shots of weakest transponder of INSAT- 4B and it signal quality after tuning using Solid SF-12 satellite dB meter and connected trough diseqc switch.

M.aspx

M.aspx

I think u r using Dish TV Dish for DD FD. is ur dish aligned to Insat 4B or both to NSS6 and DD FD . i have aligned Dish to Both NSS6 and DD FD using Dish TV Dish .see the signal strength i am getting in the above said TP....

K34DjL7.jpg

Mr.Kumarbhai said:
I think u r using Dish TV Dish for DD FD. is ur dish aligned to Insat 4B or both to NSS6 and DD FD . i have aligned Dish to Both NSS6 and DD FD using Dish TV Dish .see the signal strength i am getting in the above said TP....

K34DjL7.jpg

You got good strength and quality there.

Its aligned to Only Insat-4B.
I have 1 joint in RG6 cable and also consider STB signal meter resolution and its response, these are reasons and that's why see my quality is near to you 85% but the strength is less because of above reasons of cable quality, also consider terminal F type connectors quality and the way i crimped or slid. The weather conditions here, all play a role, and finally I may did not tune well, i.e while making nut and bolt tight i may moved the dish a bit without my knowing.

I never got this much signal while adjusting the dish by making phone call below to someone to monitor tv and tune it, But with meter even im a novice i got this much strength which i never found, i only got 64% quality before but now its much improved.

I think just a minor adjustments needed in ur Dish/LNB. dont bother about the signal strength too much . it may differ according to LNB but quality is to be at heighest level as much as u can get. .. If ur LNB is bit old then strength might show less .I am getting the above signal using 8x1 Diseqc switch

Pictures of signal meter at night on terrace. I connected 13K lnb C band for IS-20 as side LNB, even its not good. Then when i connected Signal meter, its pointer is at its peak even the sensitivity knob is at zero or minimum position, this is the picture taken at that time. Something is going on which i dont understand about this LNBF.

M.aspx

I operated db meter in-front of the C band dish above(night photo) and i got continuous full scale reading as given in manual. I did that unintentionally.

In this accident experiment i found another thing, that if we operate the instrument in continuous full scale reading as shown in night photo, the meter acquires a permanent ZERO error, i.e, after disconnecting power to meter, the pointer never reaches zero. I took a photo of it.

I found that there is a small spiral spring which is responsible to bring the needle back, if the spring loses its property partially then, it fails to bring the needle back to zero position. But that doesn't hinder its operation, as we don't need absolute value, we only need relative value.

So don't operate in Full Scale Deflection.

M.aspx

M.aspx

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock