Some questions about my first DTH (ADTV)

• Thread starter rodeoz
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3
  • Views: Views 1,373

rodeoz

Reaction score
Hi guys
Was using DEN Digital Cable in my house since some time. The local cable guy stopped airing Star Sports 1 & 4 and I couldn't bear Arun Lal's commentary. So looked around for a few DTH connections and finally purchased ADTV. Their Economy Sports Plus appeared tailor made for me. So I now have ADTV in my room while other rooms still run DEN.
Anyway, I had a couple of questions regarding ADTV. Will be grateful if anyone could answer.
1) My dish antenna is located on third floor and has an absolutely clear line of sight with the satellite. I checked the satellite footprint of SES 7 and my city (near Delhi) appears to be one of the areas that should receive strong signals.
My STB shows a signal strength of ~75 (out of 100). The signal quality is 14 (on a scale of 6 - 16). They remain fairly stable. It rained heavily today and while the signal quality went down to 12, the signal strength reamained stable at ~75. Even in heavy rain there was no signal loss and I could watch the TV just fine.
So just wanted to know if my parameters are fine? I mean is a signal strength of 75 and a signal quality of 14 all right? Or should I expect better signals? Or do these things don't matter as long as I am able to watch TV without ant problem? Also, what is this BER thing? It keeps fluctuating from 1.04E-07 to 7.52E-08
2) Every now and then I see a white box in some part of the screen with some numbers written in it. It stays around for 15-20 seconds and then goes away. What exactly is it and is there a way to get rid of it? It isn't really obtrusive but I will be better off without it. I remember seeing this on my DEN connection as well.
Thanks!
PS:
1) A photograph of my signal strength - http://pho.to/8wEn7
2) A photograph of the white box - http://pho.to/8wEoZ

hi bro

i m from ghaziabad.
answer 1) the signal strength of mine adtv is always 78-80 n quality is always 14.
i have been using adtv since diwali 2009.
today it was rained heavily but i was able to watch my tv without any signal loss.

answer 2) that was software updation. it happens in my stb also. so no problem in that. it is there for 5-6 seconds only.

and 325rs wala pack is one of the best pack i.e. available in dth industry.
325 = all sports channels + english news channels+ english movie channels.

congratulations to u for ur new adtv connection.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock