Some questions

happy_penguin

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using GTPL KCBPL connection.

1) Picture quality of Republic TV (news channel) is very poor. It looks quite bad on my HDTV. Is it only me or is everyone

facing the same issue ?

2) Times Now HD's video is getting displayed at a strange aspect ratio. Same question as above i.e. is it only me or is everyone

facing the same issue ?

3)Mtv Beats HD is okay but still not as good as Fox Life HD

Please share your experience.

I can't comment on Fox Life HD as I don't get this channel. But Republic TV and Times Now are fine for me from broadcaster's end. I never liked the PQ of MTV Beats HD. For me also it doesn't look good.

Last edited:
I can't comment on Fox Life HD as I don't get this channel. But Republic TV and Times Now are fine for me from broadcaster's end. I never liked the PQ of MTV Beats HD. For me also it doesn't look good.

When you say Times Now is fine are you talking about Times Now SD or Times Now HD ?

Using Den. @happy_penguin

1. PQ of Republic is poor even for me.
  2. Times Now HD aspect ratio is totally fine and there's no issues with aspect ratio for me.
  3. MTV Beats HD is definitely not the best in terms of PQ of HD channels but it's not poor either. IDK why you're comparing to Fox Life HD though? Anyway, even i did a comparison with it and Fox Life HD is superior indeed.

Last edited:
Using Den. @happy_penguin

1. PQ of Republic is poor even for me.
  2. Times Now HD aspect ratio is totally fine and there's no issues with aspect ratio for me.
  3. MTV Beats HD is definitely not the best in terms of PQ of HD channels but it's not poor either. IDK why you're comparing to Fox Life HD though? Anyway, even i did a comparison with it and Fox Life HD is superior indeed.

Production of infotainment content is very expensive as compared to music videos produced by music labels.
When you say Times Now is fine are you talking about Times Now SD or Times Now HD ?
I was talking about Times Now HD. Also Republic has the best PQ among SD news channel.

@shreyaskini

Thanks for replying.

@DJ Roy
I will try n take a picture of Times Now HD and upload it here so that you guys can understand my exact aspect ratio problem.
BTW who is your cable provider? Are you using DTH ? As far as I can see most people are saying Republic tv has a poor PQ.

@shreyaskini

Thanks for replying.

@DJ Roy
I will try n take a picture of Times Now HD and upload it here so that you guys can understand my exact aspect ratio problem.
BTW who is your cable provider? Are you using DTH ? As far as I can see most people are saying Republic tv has a poor PQ.
I am using ACC-SITI Cable. I will also post screenshot at evening of Republic TV.

Last edited:
SD.jpg

^^ This is SD.

HD.jpg

^^ This is HD

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock