Someone please explain me Dish TV's 2014 business policy.

Mohitpunjabi

Reaction score
Someone having knowledge of Dish TV's business policy of 2014, can explain what's happening behind the scene.
Dish from the start of 2014 is removing channels from their platform and adding them in alacarte basis.
They have even increased the charges of all the packs, so I doubt if Dish TV can increase customer base in India by keeping such an attitude.

So what's happening with Dish TV....why are they behaving so aggressively ?
Please provide with detailed answers.

They're cutting input cost nothing else because from next year they needs to start the operation from SES 8 so it will be like the relaunch of dishtv, you can compare dishtv's policy with current Modi's Govt. both become villain now but for Acche Din you needs to take some strong decisions we can't concentrate always in subsidy that foreign based STAR also needs to think twice for making business with dishtv.

I started this thread so other customers can understand the real reason behind Dish TV's decisions.

But don't you think dish tv gonna lose their customers in India. Already they have very less customer base in India more so now the increase in the price and removal of channels can hurt them and even we loyal customers are affected.
I even bought Dish Tv last year for lifetime 5years pack for the reason that it's the only dth that beams from 3 satellites and has the highest no. of transponders.
More so Dish Tv has highest no.of HD channels with the best quality. They have even improved the quality of SD channels from January 2014.

I want Dish TV to grow....but Indian customers want quantity not quality. Even Indian customers have the habit of prefering foreign brands over indian.
Keeping fingers crossed. Hoping for the best.

Mohitpunjabi said:
But don't you think dish tv gonna lose their customers in India. Already they have very less customer base in India more so now the increase in the price and removal of channels can hurt them

They have very less customers base in India :skd

It might be in rural parts...but in urban I see most of them with Tata sky and videocon d2h.
Most of the dealers also do not recommend Dish TV.
Even when I went to dealers to get a HD connection...most of them recommended me Ts or VD2H.
But I forced them to give me dish tv because of better quality of HD channels.

Dish might have highest no. of customers in Asia...but in India I doubt....correct me if wrong.

No dealer recommending me about dishtv 4 years when I bought and not even right now because dishtv not give any profit to dealer, In my city dishtv is almost gone because of poor dealership. dishtv make our stand clear if you want go for it otherwise no one forcing.

in indore dish tv having 3 official offices where tata sky having 10 according to areas

Anirudha said:
No dealer recommending me about dishtv 4 years when I bought and not even right now because dishtv not give any profit to dealer, In my city dishtv is almost gone because of poor dealership. dishtv make our stand clear if you want go for it otherwise no one forcing.
If this is the case....future will be not good.
Its high time that dish tv should buckup and do something to increase its customers.
They need to have :
1) Good marketing.
2) Better customer service.
3) Toll free CC no.(have tried "call me back" service, its good but toll free no. is must)
4) Better quality set-top boxes....with internal recording.
5) Better software with new UI.
6) More mature and experienced top management.

And all above things need money, let them settle down with SES 8 MPEG 4 Technology first and will get more space to add channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock