Sonakshi Sinha's not afraid of Sheila and Munni!

ssparikshya

Reaction score
Sonakshi Sinha is preparing to shoot for her first ever item song in Shirish Kunder's Joker. The song is being choreographed by Farah Khan, who made Katrina Kaif go super skinny for her song Sheila Ki Jawaani.

Sonakshi stresses she hasn't lost any weight for the role, adding she's confident about her item song in spite of the Munnis and Sheilas.

About her first item song...
I guess the word 'item' is used to spice things up a bit. To me, it's a dance number in a film where I'm the main lead. I have always loved to dance and haven't yet got the chance to go all out in a film. So when Farah told me about this number, I was more than happy to take on the challenge.

On matching up to other items girls...
I am not apprehensive at all. Everyone has their own charm and their own style, and I'm very comfortable in my own space and confident of my abilities, I wouldn't compare myself to anyone. All I have to do is give it my best. Farah is there to take care of the rest. As far as preparations go, I will definitely be rehearsing for it before we start filming.

Ready to do a raunchy song like Munni?
Firstly, Munni was anything but raunchy. Malaika was dressed in a ghagra choli and was dancing with her brother-in-law ( Salman Khan), so it was far from raunchy. So yeah, not every song is a Munni, and if something really good came along, because I love to dance, I would take it up provided I am in my comfort zone.

Weight issue...
Neither Farah nor Shirish asked me to lose weight. I lost weight before Dabangg. Now I am very happy with the way I look and so are the people I am working with. I would lose weight for a role if it demanded it, and if I really liked the role, but I would never ever put on weight for a role. After losing those 30 kilos, I can't imagine going back there ever again!

All time favourite item song...
Chaiyyan Chaiyyan is definitely my all-time favourite.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock