Sony awaits BCCI's final offer for IPL rights renewal

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 2,378

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) is awaiting BCCI’s ‘final’ offer for renewing the broadcast rights deal for the Indian Premier League (IPL).

Sony, which holds the IPL broadcast rights for South Asia, has made an offer to the BCCI during the two-month negotiation window.

As per the agreement between two parties, Sony was to make an offer to the BCCI. In turn, India’s cricket board had to make a final offer.

There was a two-month negotiation period to hammer out a new deal. “The negotiations period has expired and now we are waiting for them (the BCCI) to make us a concrete offer.

We have honoured our commitment. I would say we have fulfilled all our obligations,” Sony CEO NP Singh told Mumbai Mirror.

While Singh refused to comment about the offer made by the company, media reports have speculated that the BCCI is eyeing $4 billion from the new IPL deal. Market experts say this might be on the higher side.

The BCCI’s confidence stems from the fact that Star India will make an all-out bid to acquire the IPL rights should it reach the bidding stage.

There have been reports in the media which have stated that the BCCI has asked Sony to take part in the bidding process.

According to Mumbai Mirror, Sony does not consider this as the ‘final offer’.

Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/television/sony-awaits-bccis-final-offer-for-ipl-rights-renewal/ | TelevisionPost.com

acc to the good relationship between star and bcci , I think Star is going to grab the IPL right. and will launch another 2-3 channel for IPL like they did with EPL

Even fans trolling starsports on Twitter :rofl [emoji38]
5c03dd594b62761342232dd55d843573.jpg

SPN Should Retain The IPL Tv Rights of South Asia ......If Star will gat the rights then we miss EXTRA INNINGS of Sony......SONY SONY SONY SONY......

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock