Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 101,196
i anticipated sony's expansion into regional market but this deal could prevent it due to regional channels of colors. it will lead to sony 18 dominating kids and english ent

i anticipated sony's expansion into regional market but this deal could prevent it due to regional channels of colors. it will lead to sony 18 dominating kids and english ent
That's actually a competition to Disney-Star which are struggling to lead despite leading international content in there hands

With this happening i hope Sony is able to properly distribute pending Indiacast channels. I have just one fear that just like JV of Tata-Star sometimes avoids addition of rival broadcaster channels , same ways if airtel forms closer bond with Zee like it has been happening bcoz of dish d2h merger or Zee Network getting preference across their platforms then it might lead to delayed or addition stalled for other network channels. Though i must say till now airtel has maintained a balanced approach towards all

With this happening i hope Sony is able to properly distribute pending Indiacast channels. I have just one fear that just like JV of Tata-Star sometimes avoids addition of rival broadcaster channels , same ways if airtel forms closer bond with Zee like it has been happening bcoz of dish d2h merger or Zee Network getting preference across their platforms then it might lead to delayed or addition stalled for other network channels. Though i must say till now airtel has maintained a balanced approach towards all
In NTO era, all DTH/MSO cannot block any particular tv network, otherwise TRAI will intervene.

In NTO era, all DTH/MSO cannot block any particular tv network, otherwise TRAI will intervene.

Not referring to blocking, here i am hinting at operator itself avoiding signing on some bouquet or channels to keep them off platform. &Xplor on Tata Sky is not happening bcoz of possibly this reason itself. Airtel on other hand is open to adding Pending indiacast channels but LCN rearrangement delay is keeping it on hold

Just a question bothering me. If and all if this deal becomes successful. SPN will co-own Indiacast global and Indian media distribution. who will distribute Sony India channel in India

Not referring to blocking, here i am hinting at operator itself avoiding signing on some bouquet or channels to keep them off platform. &Xplor on Tata Sky is not happening bcoz of possibly this reason itself.
But Sun Direct can add it as well. Also TS must wait until January for a fullscale LCN change, since the TRAI one-year lock-in period expires in January. It changed a few Hindi movie channel LCNs now but this is not enough for the long term and certainly not enough to add &xplor HD.

If this is the reason why TS is not adding &xplor HD and Airtel is not adding Indiacast HD channels, it is very unfortunate that the DTH/MSO is intentionally keeping some channels off the platform.

Last edited:
Just a question bothering me. If and all if this deal becomes successful. SPN will co-own Indiacast global and Indian media distribution. who will distribute Sony India channel in India
I think
Sony will distribute their own channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock