Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 100,775
Frankly speaking, I can't understand the actual output of this merger.

I think, now Sony and Colors both are from same parent company. If this is true, then surely Sony will rebrand all Colors channel with Sony prefix, i.e. Sony Colors, Sony Rishtey, Sony Cineplex, Sony Infinity, even regional channels like Sony Bangla, Sony Kannada, Sony Gujarati, Sony Tamil etc also.

Then what will be the condition arised on Marathi market, where Sony Marathi and Colors Marathi both are already exist? Guess that, Colors Marathi will be rebranded as Sony Marathi and Sony Marathi will be rechristened as Sony Marathi Cinema.

I think, now Sony and Colors both are from same parent company. If this is true, then surely Sony will rebrand all Colors channel with Sony prefix, i.e. Sony Colors, Sony Rishtey, Sony Cineplex, Sony Infinity, even regional channels like Sony Bangla, Sony Kannada, Sony Gujarati, Sony Tamil etc also.

Then what will be the condition arised on Marathi market, where Sony Marathi and Colors Marathi both are already exist? Guess that, Colors Marathi will be rebranded as Sony Marathi and Sony Marathi will be rechristened as Sony Marathi Cinema.
Based on previous experience. NP Singh and team will rebrand and adopt Colors logo for its existing Sony channels. :undecided:

No Sony is merging 100% entertainment sector to viacom18.
Sony will have to talk to ViacomCBS about brand change.
ViacomCBS merger will be completed by Dec 4th. Sony is definitely next option for Shari Redstone to expand.

I think they will buy a similar stake in Network18. Not up to the mark, Because it's Ambani's group they will always dominate it. Like, zee they to planning to sell some stake. Not fully, But we are talking about 51% stake in Network18.

No. Sony and Colors brands will remain same. Still some clarifications are yet to come.
Based on previous experience. NP Singh and team will rebrand and adopt Colors logo for its existing Sony channels. :undecided:
Let's pray not to put 'Colors' in Sony box like sports channels.:knife2::tongue2:
Yes will Sony pictures distribution and India cast merge and bring both channel in single package
50:50 chance. May be we can witness both SET and Colors comes in a single pack:tup:

Last edited:
Sony is well known for rechristening and rebranding the brand's it acquired. Don't be surprised if Viacom 18 under Colors logo becomes "a Sony channel"

Personally i think both sony & colors will retain their current logos they will not rebrand by combining each others logos as both are very big brand in india.....instead they will give new name to their joint venture like sony18|viacom

Last edited:
Sony Corp, the owner of Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI), is planning to create a 51:49 joint venture (JV) with Reliance industries-owned TV18 Broadcast, according to a report in The Economic Times.
The report further stated that the JV will house all the entertainment assets of both the companies. Sony is likely to hold 51% in the JV while TV18 will own the remaining stake.

Sony, TV18 likely to form 51:49 JV: Report

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock