Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 101,222
Buddy honestly speaking u seems to be very unhappy with the announcement of this sony - Viacom merger
Yes surely comparing sony - Viacom merger with foxstar /Disney will be foolish thing as the foxstar /Disney merger is a very big merger and holds a very strong position
But if this sony - Viacom merger happens then it will with good news for the viewers only. Atleast competition will a bit more when u compare with earlier situation
Well Viacom is a very small network but still being so network is being able to be strong in some departments is a big thing on its own. Well regarding ur sony point still they were the most profitable network in 2019
IPL wasn't a huge loss, considering the price at which it went
Sony offsets potential IPL revenue loss with strong FY19 show
Star India reports Rs 1,216-cr loss in FY19
Yes i do have a problem. Firstly i like to clarify that I have already stated in my previous comment that please don't compare a indian centric deal to a big international deal with 2 biggest entertainment companies ( Disney - 21st Century Fox) i never compared both companies deals also the reason I'm unhappy that they are getting the access to India's 2 most watched channel in comparing with Star's StarPlus & Zee's ZeeTV i feel it's unfair to other 2 networks if they shutdown some channels it would be fine but i don't see it's going to happen.

You can say my name I don’t have any problem. But it’s a FACT.
Bro sorry if u felt bad. To be honest I was not quoting u or anyone personally. Many others also believed the same earlier

Last edited:
ViacomCBS hints about upcoming merge with Sony for its Asia south operation.
On its earning call. ViacomCBS has expressed gratitude for investors who are tying up with Viacom international. This will also help them in building sustainable market outside US
Source : Podcast of VIAC earning

My idea for the SonyViacom18 Media Network logo:

Ae5BFhb.png

Logo icon to be used by the channels:

ROaC0HQ.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock