Sony launches home theatre system for DTH users

Anirudha

Banned
Reaction score
Sony India has announced DTH Theatre (IV 300) - a home theatre system that has been designed keeping in consideration the requirements of DTH (Direct To Home) or satellite TV viewers.

The 5.1 channel sound system offers an output of 1000W.

DTH Theatre comes with plug and play feature, and Sony claims that it will offer better sound, free from the humming noise of DVD players as it does not feature a DVD drive unlike most conventional home theatre systems.

The DTH Theatre offers a two way HDMI connection between the television and DTH via the DTH Theatre. Users can connect their DTH systems as well as their LCD/LED TVs with the system, to get the video output on the TV screen and sound output through the system's speakers.

The system offers 2 HDMI input ports, an optical input port, and one Audio-Video in port. Additionally the DTH Theatre system also features NFC connectivity to connect with NFC enabled mobile devices and stream music and video via Bluetooth.

The company claims that DTH Theatre has a compact body and the system is 40% smaller than conventional home theatres.

The DTH Theatre system supports multiple file formats including MKV, MP4, AVC, WMV, VOB, Xvid HD and AVCHD through its USB port for plug and play devices.

The system is compatible with Indian DTH providers such as Tata Sky, Airtel Digital TV, Sun Direct, Dish TV and Big TV.

DTH Theatre will be available across all Sony Centers and major electronic stores across India starting first week of April at a price of Rs 19,990.

Sony launches home theatre system for DTH users - The Times of India

Devesh said:
Bcoz of third class stb.

Bcas they are not authorized for use DD 5.1,Sony can't say it because d2h are providing fake/own 5.1ss.but dth theater will work with d2h too. :eek:hya

I m looking for a home threatre ...if its good i will surely buy n provide u guys my review...if u guys buy u give me ur review plzzzz.

SONY DTH THEATRE:
Model: IV300
eDPP9DA.jpg

PRICE:
Rs. 19,990

AVAILABILITY:
From April 1

HOW TO CONNECT TO DTH/ TV:
The two way HDMI connected DTH Theatre ensures an easy connection between the television and DTH via the DTH Theatre. One just needs to connect DTH with IV300 and then LCD/LED with IV300, thus ensuring Picture in TV & Sound through IV300 DTH . The available Inputs are- HDMI Input 2, Optical Input 1, Audio Video In 1,” says Sony in a release.

SPECS/ FEATURES:
5.1 channel,
1000W,
40% smaller than a conventional home theatre
Plug and play,
Supports file types like MKV, MP4, AVC, WMV, VOB, Xvid HD and AVCHD, NFC connectivity
:tup

Source: Sony DTH Theatre system launched in India at Rs. 19,990 - Audio Devices, Sound Devices | ThinkDigit News

M A NEWBIE TO HOME THEATERS..... I m planning to buy a ht but i hardly buy a dvd or blurayray disc n watch all movies on my TS HD + ....so is this new home theater perfect for me or i should consider other option from philips ....do other dvd ht also connect to dths or not ....plzzzzzz help ....

Will home theater work for all sd chs or only hd chs with dobly digital???? I know i sound a bit stupid but i m new to hts....i suspect to only hd chs with dolby digital ...m i right ...

Also this ht has usb function to play videos through usb , bluetooth , n nfc so all videos with show ht effect or there r some special dobly sound videos only ....plzzz help

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock