Sony LIV streaming India Australia series..poor quality pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Picture quality of Sony LIv cannot be termed as poor, but its pathetic. Even with 50 Mbps speed it seems we are in the 90s... How can they bring such poor quality videos to a premium content...

Very true, even when compared to DTH(Tata sky/airtel etc) PQ of Sony Liv is below par, it is only good for smartphones,laptop, 32 inch TV . If you have 43 inch TV n above or a 55 inch TV like me then it even worse.

Mind you I also have a 60 mbps fiber connection n a flagship LG CX OLED TV .Why can't Hotstar n Sony Liv give even 50% PQ of Netflix, Amazon prime, Apple TV plus ??

Hopefully, Amazon won't disappoint with NZC coverage from 2021 season.

Sony LIV has pathetic live streaming PQ.

You can get improved quality of streaming by choosing Sony six/ Sony Ten 1 in channels list, if you stream via home screen where they show list of streaming content on landing page that is having poor quality

To be fair we can say one of the poorest ott app in India watching live match on sony liv gives pain(Sun NXT is way better than sony liv)

when we watch match sometimes it starts showing ads unless if you switch or go back then stream :sleepy2::wall:

I watched both the matches through O**o TV through Sony Liv and I could say it was the best experience I got in my lifetime. PQ was amazing True HD(1080 P). Without ad experience could watch movements and some stats during breaks. Good refresh rate when compared to pathetic Hotstar(IPL). And last but not least Sony's Scoreboard:hrt:

I have 30 MBPS Jio connection.

Forget about Live matches, Sony Liv App itself is sub standard.

You can get improved quality of streaming by choosing Sony six/ Sony Ten 1 in channels list, if you stream via home screen where they show list of streaming content on landing page that is having poor quality

To be fair we can say one of the poorest ott app in India watching live match on sony liv gives pain(Sun NXT is way better than sony liv)

when we watch match sometimes it starts showing ads unless if you switch or go back then stream :sleepy2::wall:
Do u know whether Sony Liv has the option of replaying the entire match...so far I can only see highlights package.

I watched both the matches through O**o TV through Sony Liv and I could say it was the best experience I got in my lifetime. PQ was amazing True HD(1080 P). Without ad experience could watch movements and some stats during breaks. Good refresh rate when compared to pathetic Hotstar(IPL). And last but not least Sony's Scoreboard:hrt:

I have 30 MBPS Jio connection.
I know Sony Liv is better than Hotstar but it does not mean it's PQ is good. I have Tata sky n Quality of Sony HD channels is far better than Sony Liv.

Unless Apps like Hotstar, Sony Liv Voot improve there PQ i will continue to persist with DTH providers like Tata Sky.

Yes O**O n T**P TV are very good alternatives if one wants Ad Free or one does not have access to DTH platforms or does not want to pay for Sony Liv premium subscription.

I know Sony Liv is better than Hotstar but it does not mean it's PQ is good. I have Tata sky n Quality of Sony HD channels is far better than Sony Liv.

Unless Apps like Hotstar, Sony Liv Voot improve there PQ i will continue to persist with DTH providers like Tata Sky.

Yes O**O n T**P TV are very good alternatives if one wants Ad Free or one does not have access to DTH platforms or does not want to pay for Sony Liv premium subscription.
I compared Sony Liv content with Sony SIX HD (Airtel). It has similar PQ of about 90% similar. The difference is very minimal. I don't like the PQ of Sony Liv in its native app.
I still stand with my statement Sony Liv through O**o TV is very comparable with Sony Six HD in DTH. I watched whole match there was some connection issues roughly 5-10 for whole match which is acceptable. Otherwise it was the best experience I got..
Maybe u should give a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock