Sony Marathi HD license cancelled by MIB

PowerStar

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
255SONY MARATHI HD (Earlier known as TEN GOLF HD, Before that TEN GOLF)Sony Pictures Networks India Private LimitedDOWNLINKING ONLYNON-NEWS04/10/201114/10/2021Not required

Not good signs. Channel must be bound to shutdown. Usually, they are one rare broadcaster who prefer having HD version of all their channels.

255SONY MARATHI HD (Earlier known as TEN GOLF HD, Before that TEN GOLF)Sony Pictures Networks India Private LimitedDOWNLINKING ONLYNON-NEWS04/10/201114/10/2021Not required
Maybe this is because of the merger with Zee (if it happens) since so many channels might not be required. But Sony has a history of shutting down HD channels. Sad to see that Sony Marathi will never get an HD feed, especially as it was rumoured for such a long time, while Sun Bangla and perhaps Sun Marathi are likely to get HD feeds.
Usually, they are one rare broadcaster who prefer having HD version of all their channels.
But the HD-only channels without an SD feed (Sony Le Plex HD, Sony Rox HD, Sony Ten Golf HD) were all shut down.

Maybe this is because of the merger with Zee (if it happens) since so many channels might not be required. But Sony has a history of shutting down HD channels. Sad to see that Sony Marathi will never get an HD feed, especially as it was rumoured for such a long time, while Sun Bangla and perhaps Sun Marathi are likely to get HD feeds.

But the HD-only channels without an SD feed (Sony Le Plex HD, Sony Rox HD, Sony Ten Golf HD) were all shut down.
If Sony Marathi HD will not launch then does this mean Sony Marathi will also shutdown?
Sony Marathi going to bring 'INDIAN IDOL Marathi' and has good non fictions also bringing new serials i think if they wanted to shut down the channel they would not bring this many channels but HD channel was much needed.

They will not shut down Sony Marathi. I think they may convert some of Zee's HD license into Sony Marathi HD
So they could use same license for Sony Marathi HD and could cancel Zee license why they cancelled Sony licence? And one thing Zee Sony Merge is yet to happen

Not good signs. Channel must be bound to shutdown. Usually, they are one rare broadcaster who prefer having HD version of all their channels.

But they have very limited bouquet of key channels compared to star/disney or zee hence HD feed available for most of them

Star Bharat HD and And TV HD should also b rebranded or shut down

But they have very limited bouquet of key channels compared to star/disney or zee hence HD feed available for most of them
Unlike other SD Channels Sony Marathi is available in 1080i HD & 16:9 resolution so there is no need of HD channel.
After getting good ratings for Sony Marathi they may plan to launch HD channel now its really not needed.

Unlike other SD Channels Sony Marathi is available in 1080i HD & 16:9 resolution so there is no need of HD channel.
After getting good ratings for Sony Marathi they may plan to launch HD channel now its really not needed.
Agree with you

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock