Solutions
Reaction score
On Eva of Christmas SET launched Sony Max HD on 25th December 2015

Happy Birthday Sony Max HD. 🎂🎉

One of the most loved Movie Channel.

Yzpz9wo.jpg

mLA6z4x.png

Great.Loved max coz it aired old filims remastered in HD with superb quality

Didn’t notice this thread until now, but coincidentially today I had a dream where pretty much this exact video was playing, especially the strong music at the end.

Source

Sony Max HD and Sony Sab HD were the two channels I was waiting for most to launch in 2015. Sony Max HD launched on Christmas 2015 and Sony Sab HD on Ganesh Chaturthi in September 2016, which was sadly long after I had to stop watching TMKOC because of my IIT-JEE preparation with FIITJEE.

In its first two years Sony Max HD was more like Star Gold Select HD and &xplor HD with a fantastic selection of niche as well as classic movies. But thereafter it has been 80–90% South dubbed movies with a few Hindi premieres. Slowly but surely it is changing towards more Bollywood movies, though it and Zee Cinema have a long way to catch up with Star Gold, the undisputed leader in properly showing Bollywood movies.

You can also see my thread two years ago on the fifth anniersary of Sony Max HD. Good News - Sony Max HD completes 5 years

On Christmas 2015, Sony Max HD was launched after a long delay, years after Star Gold HD, Zee Cinema HD and even &pictures HD were launched. Initially it ensured to show critically-acclaimed and niche movies, like Star Gold Select HD or &xplor HD, but since 2017 at least half (if not more) of its schedule is dedicated to South Indian movies, with the rest for Bollywood and Hollywood. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, except that SPN manages its Hindi movies more poorly than Zee, Star or even Viacom18. Also, this in Sony’s only Hindi HD movie channel, and it doesn’t have the luxury of an &pictures HD, nor does it have any plans of launching one in the future.

This article shows how premium-focused Sony Max HD was at launch, which is the opposite of what we have today. Sony Pictures Networks launches Max HD, targets urban movie buffs

Nevertheless, for what it is, it’s still an important part of the SPN Hindi cluster. Here’s the Jee ke dekho brand video used at launch.

P.S. Today is also the 11th anniversary of 3 id*ots, one of the most important Hindi films on Sony Max HD. Interestingly, Christmas in 2009 (when 3 id*ots was released), in 2015 (when Sony Max HD was launched) and in 2020 (today) all fall on Fridays.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock