Sony PAL to shut on 13 February?

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 6,308
Instead of closing this channel it 's good to rerun old shows of sony and sab on this and to convert it fta channel

Karan singh said:
Instead of closing this channel it 's good to rerun old shows of sony and sab on this and to convert it fta channel

Yeah like STAR Utsav.

instead of closing this channel, MSM can rename this channel to second sports channel..which they need..

Why they start new channels? Zee also have 6 ent. Channels but they start & TV.

If its true, then the top management will face serious flak from shareholders. Channel shut within 6 months is never heard of. Sony is just not improving and still not trying to differentiate.

I think the channel will not shutdown. they only axe all the shows for the rewamping a channel..

A producer on condition of anonymity said, “Yes, the channel is undergoing a revamp and it will be back with new shows, post the Indian Premiere League.”

Rumours are also rife that post the revamp, Sony Pal could move from being a pay channel to becoming a free to air channel.

note: According Indiantelevision.com

Yess!! Bcoz. Sony has lots of hit popular shows even more than Zee like

Tarak Mahata Ka Oolta Chasma
CID (but no repeat)
Badde Ache Lagte Hai
Kusum
Kkutumb
Saas Bina Sasural
Baat Hamari Pakki Hai
Office Office
Lapataganj
F.I.R.
Comedy Circus
Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi
Anamika
Kaun Banega Crorepatti
Left Right Left
And many other popular comedy and saas bahu type shows

Ms Rajpurohit said:
If they sut down then bettr convert to sony food
or sony shop. No sony chanel in this cetegry .

Suggest a better name bro as sony shop and sony food doesn't sound good. Channels with these names will never lift off :D

RAGHVENDRA1997 said:
Sony PAL to shut on 13 February?

Sony PAL, the new GEC from MSM, which went on air from 1 September 2014, as per sources, is all set to shut shop on 13 February 2015.

The channel launched with a bouquet of new shows but never managed to gain momentum in the TRP race.

Shows were pulled off air in a jiffy and since quite some time there have been speculations of the channel being pulled off air.

Now, the inevitable has finally happened and as per our credible sources, the channel will shut on 13 February.

The makers of current ongoing shows have been informed about the development and they have been asked to air their last episode on the above mentioned date.

When we buzzed channel head Anooj Kapoor, he said, “Currently, I am drafting a press release and you all will come to know about it tomorrow morning.”
RAGHVENDRA1997 bro, please check the heading of the news which is with a question mark - ''Sony PAL to shut on 13 February?'', which indicates that the reporter is surprised and is confussed also but his info regarding altimatum to the producers for last episode on 13th feb made him to reach to a confusing conclusion of its closer.

I can assure you that it is not going to shut down, may be what 'channellover' bro is saying, can happen.
channellover said:
Sony PAL is going to axe all the shows for the revamping of channel.

As per a report of Indiantelevision.com : ''A producer on condition of anonymity said, ''Yes, the channel is undergoing a revamp and it will be back with new shows, post the Indian Premiere League.''

Rumours are also rife that post the revamp, Sony Pal could move from being a pay channel to becoming a free to air channel.
But, one thing I can tell you for sure that it will not shut down in any case as launching a new channel is not a business of such kind that its fate can be decided within a very short period of 5 months, its success can only be assertained atleast after a year or two. So be assured of it that this channel is not going to shut down in any case !!!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock