Sony Pictures Network acquires broadcast Rights of Copa America 2021

rahul_apk

Contributor
Reaction score
Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN) has acquired the exclusive television and digital rights for Copa America 2021 in the Indian sub-continent till December 31, 2021. The broadcast territories will include India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The tournament will be aired in India LIVE on SPN’s sports channels and live streamed on SonyLIV, SPN’s OTT streaming platform, from June 14, 2021 to July 11, 2021.

9xgh34D.png

Having Malayalam and Bengali feeds and using Sony Six for this purpose is a good idea, given that the other channels (Sony Ten 2, 3 and 4) will be preoccupied with Euro 2020. But it is strange not to have a Hindi feed. It could have been added on Sony Ten 2 or even Sony Six.

Last edited:
will be preoccupied with Euro 2020
bro no chance of euro cup sony channel preoccupied coz both tournaments timomg is diffrent euro games mostly in 7pm to 12:30 and copa america matches on 4am to 7am so clash of timing chance is less and i think after ten4 launch copa also on ten4 with tamil and Telugu commentary

bro no chance of euro cup sony channel preoccupied coz both tournaments timomg is diffrent euro games mostly in 7pm to 12:30 and copa america matches on 4am to 7am so clash of timing chance is less and i think after ten4 launch copa also on ten4 with tamil and Telugu commentary
I dont think tamil and telugu commentary will be there for copa as the number of people who would watch copa in tamil and telugu will be less and the advertising revenue in the languages will be negligible for copa

The reason they have it in malayalam and bengali is because the number of people who watch copa from kerala and bengal is almost equal if not more than those who watch euros from the same region and sony know that

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock