Sony Six acquires rights to broadcast India-New Zealand series

• Thread starter Shubham
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 71
  • Views: Views 8,864

Shubham

Contributor
Reaction score
Multi Screen Media's sports channel Sony Six has acquired the exclusive broadcast rights to the New Zealand vs India cricket series. The 30 day tour scheduled between 19 January and 18 February 2014 includes five ODIs followed by two Test Matches and will be held in New Zealand.

The India tour of New Zealand 2014 bilateral series is a part of the Future Cricket Tour Program (FTP) prepared by International Cricket Council (ICC). This is the first series for the Indian team in the 2014 calendar. The two teams last met in New Zealand five years back in 2009 where India were able to register a series win in New Zealand after 41 years.

Commenting on this acquisition NP Singh, CEO, MSM said, “We are delighted to partner New Zealand Cricket as the official broadcaster to this series. With this acquisition we are staying true to our objective of delivering high octane sporting events. Sony SIX viewers can now look forward to some of the best cricketing action from two of the most stellar cricket teams in the world."

The channel recently also aired the Pakistan-Sri Lanka series. Apart from this, Sony Six also broadcasts the annual international T-20 tournament Indian Premier League, the rights of which lie with MSM up till 2017. It also recently won the broadcast rights for Australian Open – The Grand Slam of Asia-Pacific, in India for a duration of 5 years (i.e. till 2019).

Prasana Krishnan, Business Head, Sony Six, said‎, “Through this acquisition we will give our viewers direct action to one of the most awaited cricket series in 2014. Both New Zealand and India play exciting brand of cricket and we are thrilled to be the exclusive partner to this promising series.”

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...land-india-cricket-series-114010900424_1.html

Neo fully out of live cricket content now.

Then why DishTv activated Neo prime In ICP instead of Sony SIX ? :huh:huh:huh:huh:huh

Star Sports and Sony Six grabbing the rights which neo had earlier:lol:tup:D

dipayan said:
Then why DishTv activated Neo prime In ICP instead of Sony SIX ? :huh:huh:huh:huh:huh
I think Dish TV didn't know that neo had lost the rights

I think its safe to say, that NEO is dead n buried now. And soon will be forced to shut down its channels. :dodgy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock