Sony Six to take on Star Sports

tech_genie

Reaction score
With the company bagging a number of rights including the lucrative Pepsi Indian Premiere League (IPL), FIFA World cup 2014 and 2018, Qualifiers for UEFA EURO 2016, European Qualifiers for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, Total Non-Stop Action (TNA), The Australian Open Tennis Championship, The NBA, The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) as well as The Indian Open Super Series and The India Open Grand Prix Gold in badminton, it could emerge on top in the domestic broadcasting space in the next few months, feel experts.

Source: Sony to take on Star in the sports broadcasting space | Business Standard

It is worth mentioning here that The Australian Open is Sony SIX’s entry into broadcasting tennis majors.

The channel will telecast all matches of the tournament live and exclusive from 2015 till 2019. Star India holds the rights till 2014.

Now only thing sony six need to do is to get some football league rights like Spanish LA Liga, Italian Seria A or may be England Premier League BPL then surely Star India Will beat their head on the wall, then they will know the value of Sports in India beside Cricket. Now if Sony Six gets a few more rights then surely they will launch a new sport channel has they will have to telecast so many sports. But all i wise is just Sony Six to grab all football league rights from Star India, Has Star sports is killing every Sport in India beside Cricket

:wall :angry :(

DishHD said:
Now only thing sony six need to do is to get some football league rights like Spanish LA Liga, Italian Seria A or may be England Premier League BPL then surely Star India Will beat their head on the wall, then they will know the value of Sports in India beside Cricket. Now if Sony Six gets a few more rights then surely they will launch a new sport channel has they will have to telecast so many sports. But all i wise is just Sony Six to grab all football league rights from Star India, Has Star sports is killing every Sport in India beside Cricket

:wall :angry :(
star will never leave epl.
But six has chance to grab seriea(sure),laliga(may be).

Personally I don't think that in near future Sony or Ten can even come close to Star for Sports Broadcasting..... :no:no:no As quoted earlier be it Star, Ten or Sony all love to telecast Cricket in India as the returns are very high !!! If Sony was highly oriented towards promoting other sports then they would have made alternate arrangement for telecasting NBA when they got Ind Vs NZL series..... :p:p
In India 70 -80% population considers Cricket & Hockey as top sports, and Star has made adequately long term investments on acquiring rights for both Cricket & Hockey relevant to India..... Also they have made smart investments in Badminton, Soccer leagues, F1, etc.
I do understand the concern of Soccer fans and specifically the ones on this forum of not been able to get the enough of soccer but kindly understand that its still star which leads in this also....Star telecast Soccer on 3 Channels on Weekend (HD1, HD2 & SS4), while Ten only has 3 Channels (Sports, Action & HD) while sony has only 2 (Six & HD) to telecast other sports not only soccer..... :c:c
I would be really interested in knowing What sony will telecast if an IPL match Coincides with FIFA 2014 Match !!! :huh:huh:huh

Karthik said:
IPL timings not coinciding with FIFA

Yes IPL by anyhow will be over before 13th Jun'14, but in case if it does coincide FIFA matches are also scheduled to telecast from 9:30pm which will clash with IPL evening matches.....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock