Breaking Sony to revamp its Sports Network and to rename TEN Channels as Sony TEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantanu

Contributor
Reaction score
Sony Pictures Network India is all set to rebrand five Ten sports channels acquired from Zee last year.

Confirming the news to Indiantelevision.com, SPNI CEO NP Singh said that channels will be rebranded next month.
In February, the network completed the first phase of a two-phase acquisition of the Ten Sports Network from Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL).

Singh had remarked, “SPN is now equipped, better than ever, to offer its viewers premium sporting content with a sports portfolio that includes every major sport and many international as well as domestic leagues. We are now stepping into the integration process to facilitate a seamless transition.” And, ZEEL MD Punit Goenka had said, “I am confident that the TEN Sports Network will reach new levels of consumer engagement under the nurturing guidance of SPN. I wish them the best. I’ll be tuning in regularly.”

Now, the SPN’s cluster of nine sports channels includes: Sony Six, Sony Six HD, Sony ESPN, Sony ESPN HD, Ten 1, Ten 1 HD, Ten 2, Ten 3, and Ten Golf HD
In August 2016, the network announced a deal to acquire Ten Sports Network from ZEEL for US$ 385 million. The acquisition added South Asia's leading sports network to SPN's portfolio

Sony to rebrand Ten Sports channels next month

Last edited:

nambbus

Contributor
Reaction score
Expected move. Waiting for new logos n themes for revamping channels.

Last edited:

zaxotes

DreamDTH Logo Designer
Contributor
Reaction score
Now, will Sony rebrand these are Sony Ten 1,2,3? or Sony Six 2,3,4? or Sony Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten? :p

Sagar

Staff member
Reaction score
I think...

Ten 1 ... Sony Ten 1
Ten 1:hd ... Sony Ten 1:hd
Ten 2 ... Sony Ten 2
Ten 3 ... Sony Ten 3
Ten Golf :hd ... Sony Ten 2/4:hd

khepacheley

Contributor
Reaction score
I am really curious about the TRP of Ten Golf HD.
Unless there is a huge audience of channel only for one sport,that too in HD, I don't see the logic behind continuing it when clearly they need another HD channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Discussion Will Sony change it's TV channel logos in India similar to UK logos after Sony LIV revamp TV Channels News 16
S Sony renews partnership with Kapil Sharma for another year(to revamp the show) TV Shows & Programs 0
S Good News Sony Sab’s revamp plan TV Channels News 0
hike Sony Max to revamp TV Channels News 13
Dileep Kumar MSM confirms Sony Pal's revamp plan TV Channels News 0
DreamDTH.com Article Sony PIX lines up Indian television premiere of Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw this November DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Sony MAX and Sony MAX2 celebrate 20-years of Mohabbatein DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
amty Story 9 Months Ki | Sony Entertainment Television | from 23rd November, Mon-Thu at 10:30pm TV Shows & Programs 2
DreamDTH.com Article Sony MAX celebrates 25 years of DDLJ DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Sony YAY! launches YAY! Dekho to show exclusive previews and themed-workshops for young audiences DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
yashwanth05852 Sony Picture Network celebrating 25th anniversary TV Channels News 11
R Reliance call of sony Viacom merger General DTH News & Discussions 1
abhishek Sony to celebrate silver jubilee on The Kapil Sharma Show TV Channels News 24
DreamDTH.com Article Sony YAY! launches The Honey Bunny show with Kapil Sharma DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Sony Pictures Networks India scores a hat-trick as India’s Best Workplaces in 2020 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DJ Roy Sony Sports Network is set to air all 30 NXT TakeOver Events TV Shows & Programs 0
DJ Roy Good News UFC 253 to air live on Sony Sports Network TV Shows & Programs 0
DreamDTH.com Article Enjoy a laughter riot on Sony MAX this weekend DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article ‘Spy in the Wild 2’ airing Monday to Friday at 9 PM on Sony BBC Earth DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Sony SIX to telecast chat show ‘Sony Ten Chai with Raja’ DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article ‘Hero- Gayab Mode On’- slated for release this November only on Sony SAB DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Sony MAX2 Highlights and Listing – August 16- 30 September DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Sony MAX Highlights and Listing – September 16 – 30, 2020 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Sony TEN 2 returns with 2020-21 season of Serie A DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Sony MAX to telecast the World Television Premiere of Jai Mummy Di on September 18 at 8 PM DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0