Breaking Sony to revamp its Sports Network and to rename TEN Channels as Sony TEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantanu

Contributor
Reaction score
Sony Pictures Network India is all set to rebrand five Ten sports channels acquired from Zee last year.

Confirming the news to Indiantelevision.com, SPNI CEO NP Singh said that channels will be rebranded next month.
In February, the network completed the first phase of a two-phase acquisition of the Ten Sports Network from Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL).

Singh had remarked, “SPN is now equipped, better than ever, to offer its viewers premium sporting content with a sports portfolio that includes every major sport and many international as well as domestic leagues. We are now stepping into the integration process to facilitate a seamless transition.” And, ZEEL MD Punit Goenka had said, “I am confident that the TEN Sports Network will reach new levels of consumer engagement under the nurturing guidance of SPN. I wish them the best. I’ll be tuning in regularly.”

Now, the SPN’s cluster of nine sports channels includes: Sony Six, Sony Six HD, Sony ESPN, Sony ESPN HD, Ten 1, Ten 1 HD, Ten 2, Ten 3, and Ten Golf HD
In August 2016, the network announced a deal to acquire Ten Sports Network from ZEEL for US$ 385 million. The acquisition added South Asia's leading sports network to SPN's portfolio

Sony to rebrand Ten Sports channels next month

Last edited:
Expected move. Waiting for new logos n themes for revamping channels.

Last edited:
Now, will Sony rebrand these are Sony Ten 1,2,3? or Sony Six 2,3,4? or Sony Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten? :p

I think...

Ten 1 ... Sony Ten 1
Ten 1:hd ... Sony Ten 1:hd
Ten 2 ... Sony Ten 2
Ten 3 ... Sony Ten 3
Ten Golf :hd ... Sony Ten 2/4:hd

I am really curious about the TRP of Ten Golf HD.
Unless there is a huge audience of channel only for one sport,that too in HD, I don't see the logic behind continuing it when clearly they need another HD channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock