Sourav in the hotseat for KBC Bangla

kramkumar

Contributor
Reaction score
OHZHN.png

Speculations have been rife over who would be in the hotseat for "KBC" Bangla, "Ke Hobe Kotipati".

And now, it's news that Sourav Ganguly has finally bagged the role that was initially offered to superstars of Tollywood, Prosenjit Chatterjee and Mithun Chakraborty. Sourav, who is thrilled to be part of the venture, said to have gone through the recorded CDs of the show hosted by Amitabh Bachchan. Says Sourav's friend and accomplice Anilava Chatterjee, "Sourav has already hosted a game show in Bengali titled "Dadagiri Unlimited".

In fact, as part of his research work for the show, he had gone through CDs of "KBC". When he had asked me which shows he should watch in order to prepare himself for the role, I had referred to "KBC". Now while hosting "KBC" in Bangla, his homework has come handy." Even if shooting is yet to begin, Sourav, it's learnt, is holding meetings with quiz master Siddharth Basu. Meanwhile, outdoor campaigns have already begun and Sourav is sporting dhuti-panjabi for the same. Anilava recalls an incident, "This has indeed come as a huge surprise. Convincing Sourav to wear dhuti-panjabi is a daunting task.

I remember how we wanted him to be in the Bangali avatar for a Bijoya special for "Dadagiri Unlimited", but could never manage to reason with him enough." For the show, however, Sourav will be seen in formal suits. Sources say, Sourav's "KBC" deal is worth Rs 8 crore.

timesofindia.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock