Space Dept asked to block unauthorised DTH platform sending FTA to Indian homes

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
The Department of Space has been asked to block the signals of Asia Broadcast Satellite Free-to-air channels which is beaming in India without the permission of the Ministry.

Minister of State Rajyavardhan Rathore said this had been done keeping in view the national security angle. He said the I and B Ministry is the licensing authority for DTH broadcasting services in India and it has received no application or reference from ABS for DTH operations.

Space Dept asked to block unauthorised DTH platform sending FTA to Indian homes | Indian Television Dot Com

Great move. ABS free dish was operating without paying for tax/licence nothing Also they were earning carriage fees from Indian channels. This will put an end to such fraud activities.

GAURAVKUMAR said:
Nautanki start by government

sorry bro,but it's not a nautanki by the government,something illegal means illegal..we even don't know who is behind it..also indian government couldn't get tax regarding to deal happened between ABS and indian broadcaster as carriage fees..
for example DD National carried by abs and this is against government rules,no sat can carry DD1 without government permission,also private broadcaster lost revenue during live cricket or other sporting events......

Last edited by a moderator:
why would Indian govt get tax when no money is paid by you and me? anyway, it looks like it won't be implemented.

"As far as individuals are concerned, the ban was of limited use and it was very difficult to check if someone was watching these channels or not.

It was also not clear whether anyone found watching these channels using a dish antenna could be prosecuted under Indian laws."

MOD Note :- Don't Post News From Unofficial website/blogs :k

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock