Good News SPN Celebrating 4 Year's of SONY YAY

A4Akash

Contributor
Reaction score
SONY YAY! Is the first Kid's Channel from SPNI, which was launched on 19th April 2017. Today the channel Celebrating 4 years anniversary. On this occasion The Channel will start a new show named, "Taarak Mehta kka Chota Chashma" based on Sony SAB's popular show, Taarak Mehta ka ooltah chashma.
6qlOeui.jpg

Whenever i see Sony yay it reminds me of the fact how they with hidden motive suddenly they announced live to replace Animax :( with yay , they could have launched it as separate kids channel.

Animax channel will always be remembered for being best animated /anime channel which showed minimal ads , people watched and started learning to watch shows with subtitles and bringing awesome anime/Japanese animated shows which cant be imagine to be aired now - example - Yu Yu hakusho , Ranma 1/2 , kindaichi, Assassination's Classroom, Re-Zero, Sket Dance, City Hunter, Bleach , My Hero Academia, One Punch Man , for bringing the concept of airing shows same week as japan in kids /teen animation segment or in Indian TV for first time even before colors infinity and continuously showing shows every month and new episodes everyday and repeats on next day and binge of week shows on weekend compared to other animation channel in India which rarely brought new shows or once in a while which kept repeating old episodes. even now all kids channels mostly repeat old episodes and doesn't bring new shows regularly in each month .They even used to mention the last episode when they used to air so that viewer were not confused when show would end , which is sadly not followed in any channel till now. they even showed jap-pop music in between breaks and interview and concert with Japanese music artists and cosplayers.

Whenever i see Sony yay it reminds me of the fact how they with hidden motive suddenly they announced live to replace Animax :( with yay , they could have launched it as separate kids channel.

Animax channel will always be remembered for being best animated /anime channel which showed minimal ads , people watched and started learning to watch shows with subtitles and bringing awesome anime/Japanese animated shows which cant be imagine to be aired now - example - Yu Yu hakusho , Ranma 1/2 , kindaichi, Assassination's Classroom, Re-Zero, Sket Dance, City Hunter, Bleach , My Hero Academia, One Punch Man , for bringing the concept of airing shows same week as japan in kids /teen animation segment or in Indian TV for first time even before colors infinity and continuously showing shows every month and new episodes everyday and repeats on next day and binge of week shows on weekend compared to other animation channel in India which rarely brought new shows or once in a while which kept repeating old episodes. even now all kids channels mostly repeat old episodes and doesn't bring new shows regularly in each month .They even used to mention the last episode when they used to air so that viewer were not confused when show would end , which is sadly not followed in any channel till now. they even showed jap-pop music in between breaks and interview and concert with Japanese music artists and cosplayers.
Yep first channel in entire Asia.. in April 2009 when they simulcasted Tears to Tiara Same time as Japan, along with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood same week as Japan..

Also Animax featured a block for kids Ani-Chan featuring animes for young audience kids like Little Battlers Experience, Sergeant Kerero, Idaten Jump, Naruto, Pretty Rhythm.. etc. Channel will also be remembered for airing K-drama for promotion of ONE TV Asia.

Also Animax aired shows from AXN India at late nights. Also they aired movies from Pix.
Animax tried everything to attract youth audience..

Last edited:
Yep first channel in entire Asia.. in April 2009 when they simulcasted Tears to Tiara Same time as Japan, along with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood same week as Japan..

Also Animax featured a block for kids Ani-Chan featuring animes for young audience kids like Little Battlers Experience, Sergeant Kerero, Idaten Jump, Naruto, Pretty Rhythm.. etc. Channel will also be remembered for airing K-drama for promotion of ONE TV Asia.

Also Animax aired shows from AXN India at late nights. Also they aired movies from Pix.
Animax tried everything to attract youth audience..
they also aired Animax Hindi dub for some time block during starting years of Animax India and they had animax bock in sony tv channel in evening airing hindi dub anime shows ex Ranma 1/2 , Daigunder , captain tsubasa and cardcaptor sakura till 2006 or 2007 then stopped showing in hindi ub abruptly , they showed hindi animax block in sony tv channel to promote Animax

they also aired Animax Hindi dub for some time block during starting years of Animax India and they had animax bock in sony tv channel in evening airing hindi dub anime shows ex Ranma 1/2 , Daigunder , captain tsubasa and cardcaptor sakura till 2006 or 2007 then stopped showing in hindi ub abruptly , they showed hindi animax block in sony tv channel to promote Animax
The only part I hated about Animax were dubs made by Animax be it English, SEA languages or Hindi.. Dubs investment were so poor by Sony. That there was no variety in voice acting. Voice actor of Natsu did role for Naruto, Idaten Jump etc same cast again and again, their English also wasn't good. Luckily Animax Asia used to take users feedback and they replaced those dubs with proper US dubs made by Viz, Funimation etc...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock