Spoiler warning: Who is the Zoom “The Flash” S 2, E15 !

Rahulan Raj

Reaction score
Fans have been speculating about the identity of “The Flash’s” villainous Zoom since Season 2 began, but the truth proved to be even more shocking than we could’ve predicted: the man we’ve come to know as Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears) — beloved by comic book fans as the first iteration of The Flash in the Golden Age of comics — was revealed to be Zoom, aka Hunter Zolomon… Seconds after dumping the body of the man who appeared to be Jay Garrick on the ground back on Earth-2. But how? For that reveal, we’ll sadly have to wait until after “The Flash” returns from its mini-hiatus on March 22.

Our suspicions were raised after Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) attempted to track down Jay’s Earth-1 counterpart in the Jan. 26 episode “The Reverse-Flash Returns” (a title that has now taken on a poetic double meaning) only to discover that “Jay Garrick” didn’t exist on our Earth, and instead, Jay’s doppelganger was a man named Hunter Zolomon — the alter ego of Zoom in DC Comics canon.

While fans may be forgiven for thinking that the Zoom storyline seems eerily reminiscent of last season’s twist, which revealed that the Reverse Flash, Eobard Thawne (Matt Letscher), had assumed the identity of scientist Dr. Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) in order to gain the trust of Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells Variety that the parallel is entirely by design.

“For us, it could only happen because of what happened last season,” Kreisberg explains. “For Barry and the others, as much as they were stung by Wells/Thawne’s betrayal, he had been their mentor and friend and they all felt that vacuum when he was gone. Jay had been watching them and knew that so he was able to masterfully step into the role each of them needed. He became a friend and mentor to Barry. A love interest to the heartbroken Caitlin. He skillfully played them all.”

The twist is particularly surprising given Jay’s iconic status in the DC universe, but Kreisberg says that fan expectations helped conceal their master plan for Zoom. “We knew there’d be a fair amount of the audience who would know who Jay Garrick was and would take the character and anything he said at face value because of his past history,” he points out. “With this, we were better able to hide the ball as it were as to Zoom’s true identity. Who would suspect the big bad was the classic hero from the comics?”

To learn more about Zoom’s endgame, we’ll have to wait until “The Flash” returns to The CW with all new episodes on March 22.

Apparently our DTH Fan bro, dedeuced this twist ..
But very contradicting with Flash comics...
Anyway, it's not going to change ZOOM's character :k

Let's see what happens :s

RE: Spoiler warning: Jay Garrick is the Zoom “The Flash” Season 2, Episode 15 !

Request you to please not include the spoiler in the thread title itself. The proper way should have been to mention spoiler inside, that way an individual has a choice to view the spoiler or not.

RE: Spoiler warning: Jay Garrick is the Zoom “The Flash” Season 2, Episode 15 !

Maximus said:
Request you to please not include the spoiler in the thread title itself. The proper way should have been to mention spoiler inside, that way an individual has a choice to view the spoiler or not.

Ok done :k

I'm re-quoting my posts because I'm proud of myself that I predicted the same when no one was agree with me. :c :p

"The Flash Season 2 Returns" January 20th 11 Only On Colors Infinity

DTH Fan said:
SPOILER WARNING: My comment is about today's episode.

After watching today's episode, I'm 200% sure that Jay is either ZOOM or another evil guy related to ZOOM. I observed following things which caused me thinking this:

1. When the meta human attacked the lab on Earth 1 and when he was trying to kill both girls, Jay disappeared and didnt come to rescue them even though he was present in the lab.

2. On Earth 2, the mystery man present in ZOOM's jail told the name of JAY to Berry when he was trying to understand his hints. So it means JAY is somehow related to some mystery or ZOOM.

3. In the end of the episode, Jay was standing near the wormhole and ZOOM killed him with his hand. Why was he standing there intentionally when everyone was standing together very far from the wormhole. He intentionally moved near the wormhole so that ZOOM can kill him in front of all. Sine only hand was shown, we cant say it was ZOOM's hand. So it might be a trick of Jay to prove that he has been killed by ZOOM.

4. I also felt that the Velocity-9 medicine created by Caitlin was not actually helping Jay in getting his speed back. He was just acting and he already had the speed. Veocity-9 was not working at all.

DTH Fan said:
The mystery man became upset when he just finished the word "JAY" and Berry started guessing the full sentence. Thats why Berry topped guessing further and asked him to provide more words.

Dont know why but I have strong feeling that Jay will become a villain or ZOOM in coming episodes.

DTH Fan said:
May be the real Jay (Earth 2's Flash) and the other Jay which is suspicious and living on Earth1 is someone else similar to Dr. Wells in Season 1.

Guess what? I was right. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock