Good News "Spondon TV" Assamese GEC Launched

Free TV should be available in every country. Whether developed or developing.

Since terrestrial is not an option in India, DDFD is the only platform for free TV in India as of now.
We have Free TVs. It's called JioTV, Airtel TV and Vi Play. People pay $4 to get access to unlimited calling, data and TV on their phones.

Do you have any data to back what you say or you just talk in air?

Assamese satellite channels are FTA channels since their inception in 2003. Most Assamese channels were local cable channels before which were available on local cable like Prag and V&S. None are available on DD Freedish. How can they be hoping to get on DDFD?
Do you know the meaning of "free TV"? Free TV means a one-time initial cost and then no cost after that.

Providing free channels through cable and DTH (other than DDFD) is not "free TV".

We have Free TVs. It's called JioTV, Airtel TV and Vi Play. People pay $4 to get access to unlimited calling, data and TV on their phones.
That is not "free TV" either. Free TV on a real television set without monthly bill.

Do you know the meaning of "free TV"? Free TV means a one-time initial cost and then no cost after that.

Providing free channels through cable and DTH (other than DDFD) is not "free TV".
Don't ditch my question.

Show data where Assam has adopted to free TV. Show me what's the market share of DD Free Dish in Assam?

That is not "free TV" either. Free TV on a real television set without monthly bill.
Okay, now I get you. You mean "free TV." You should write to this email address [email protected] .This department in government is responsible for giving free handouts in the country. Maybe they will listen to your feedback.

Don't ditch my question.

Show data where Assam has adopted to free TV. Show me what's the market share of DD Free Dish in Assam?
I don't understand your thinking. A good thing which is absolutely free. Why wouldn't people adopt it?

DDFD market share may be low in Assam now because Assamese people don't consider DDFD as a "good thing" now. Once good channels are added on DDFD, more people will adopt it.

Based on how fast our state is growing. Becoming one of the important state of the union. Pretty soon they are gonna regret. Anyhow I am happy that we have our local industry industry. Eenadu and Sun type companies.

It is not like big broadcasters would not want to launch their regional channels in Assam but in small states usually broadcasters tend to be cautious of launching channels as already there is hyper competition from various regional broadcasters hence financially it becomes difficult to sustain the channel and get key market share. Also TV penetration and purchasing power of people r also considered when entering a market where there is already intense competition.
If u look in smaller or even big south indian states many broadcasters have entered that market thru acquiring smaller broadcasters and still regional broadcasters lead in viewership.

Also if u look at states like Rajasthan, Gujarat, Punjab again u will see very few private broadcasters entering these regions bcoz of of 2 different reasons...for the former 2 there is a large audience which watches hindi content hence these 2 states mostly have regional news channels or few regional movie, GEC channels from one or two big broadcasters. In Punjab again regional broadcasters lead the ratings chart, Zee entered the market recently and was succesfull in creating space for itself in GEC genre but it too is producing limited shows and music /movies form major part of its content strategy. News, Movie, Music Channels from regional or national broadcasters in these genres are the ones getting max ratings.

There r states like Uttrakhand where again there r only regional broadcasters and only few national broadcasters operate mostly in news genre. There is no satellite GEC, Movie, Music Channel which we see being available on cable or dth platforms. Even for Haryana same seems to be the case, Andy Haryana a GEC cum music/Movie channel was launched few years back but now i guess it has been shutdown.

I can quote many such examples so buddy it is not that Assam is only state where big broadcasters r not launching channels, infact Assam still has msny good satellite and local channels across various genres and r available on various cable and DTH Platforms. Some states do not even have access to such regional channels too :)

I don't understand your thinking. A good thing which is absolutely free. Why wouldn't people adopt it?

DDFD market share may be low in Assam now because Assamese people don't consider DDFD as a "good thing" now. Once good channels are added on DDFD, more people will adopt it.
They won't, period. Until late 2000s cable was available in only big urban cities. We had only 1 private entertainment channels (dedicated to whole of Northeast) and rest all were news channels. People chose Dish TV and Tata Sky over DD FreeDish. Because TV is not expensive.

Okay, now I get you. You mean "free TV." You should write to this email address [email protected] .This department in government is responsible for giving free handouts in the country. Maybe they will listen to your feedback.
Free TV promotions are huge even in developed countries like USA. Ads of websites like these Home - The Free TV Project pop up even when watching youtube which means they are targeting the OTT crowd too.

Free TV promotions are huge even in developed countries like USA. Ads of websites like these Home - The Free TV Project pop up even when watching youtube which means they are targeting the OTT crowd too.
How much does cable cost in America as compared to India? We are more realistic here. Our state government's doesn't give prioritise to useless causes. My state Assam atleast is interested in giving subsidies in healthcare not entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock