Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,450
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,056

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
understood.
But my point is, rather than DD, an FTA channel will reach the content to entire nation.
The number of people using DD free dish is very less, it is not necessary poor ppl alone using DD free dish.
If am a village person, have local cable tv, my cable tv doesn't carry pvt. broadcaster channel and DD sports 2.0 is not allowed in cable tv, still am not able to view the national important event.

If u r having cable tv connection , u can opt for the sports channel airing the match. No other option. If u can afford paying for some pay tv chs on cable tv so for series or match duration u can surely subscribe to the sports channel.

If everywhere channel is provided free then what is purpose of broadcasters buying rights? The current rule/law for carrying such events on DD Free Dish and Terrestrial TV network serves the purpose perfectly. Neither all the citizens miss any important matches nor do private broadcasters lose subscribers or revenue. Infact as i have said private broadcasters should themselves air certain key matches / tournaments on an exclusive channel on DD Free Dish as well as if possible thru terrestrial network (by working out some agreement / process with the government) so that they can showcase these events in excellent quality to this audience base & drive up their interest to upgrade to Pay TV platforms.

CSA new league media rights not sold. Star likely doubt, maybe Sports 18 or some other Broadcasters.

If u r having cable tv connection , u can opt for the sports channel airing the match. No other option. If u can afford paying for some pay tv chs on cable tv so for series or match duration u can surely subscribe to the sports channel.

If everywhere channel is provided free then what is purpose of broadcasters buying rights? The current rule/law for carrying such events on DD Free Dish and Terrestrial TV network serves the purpose perfectly. Neither all the citizens miss any important matches nor do private broadcasters lose subscribers or revenue. Infact as i have said private broadcasters should themselves air certain key matches / tournaments on an exclusive channel on DD Free Dish as well as if possible thru terrestrial network (by working out some agreement / process with the government) so that they can showcase these events in excellent quality to this audience base & drive up their interest to upgrade to Pay TV platforms.
Agreed..

CSA new league media rights not sold. Star likely doubt, maybe Sports 18 or some other Broadcasters.
Isn't that supposed to replace the T20 Tournament CSA T20 Challenge. Star already have rights for that tournament, so, it's likely that new league will replace that for Star.

Also, the timing is convenient. So, Star will get them for that reason even if they don't already have them

Back
Top Bottom