Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,450
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,101

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Don't mention Poor People/Audience, also don't mention whole india sake of North States and Regional language Hindi Channels.

I'm not blindly supporting PB/DD Sports Agenda everytime, there're lot of private broadcasters Acquiring Sports broadcasting Rights Exclusively for huge money and whereas DD airing with zero investment, Advertising Agencies loosing interest on private broadcasters without EXCLUSIVE property.
I see growth every year. This is why I see new broadcaster coming up acquiring new content and starting new channels.

living here in middle east we also can get DD free dish channels by just setting up dish and buying FTA STB... being Indian and Indian cricket fan is a boon for people like me who can now watch all matches of India playing for free... pvt broadcasters sharing feed with DD is fine but there should be some kind of encryption so that only DDFD viewers have access to those channels

I see growth every year. This is why I see new broadcaster coming up acquiring new content and starting new channels.
Yeah growth much needed on Private broadcasters to Survive indian sports market. I am not against DD/PB, they're crossing limit earlier ODI only, Later T20 accepted but Recently Test cricket too made national importance not acceptable after Eng vs Ind Test getting popular on private broadcaster.

Who told you private broadcasters are happy, Prashant Shridhar I am not begging and crying for DD, Aakashvani everywhere commenting same asking free everything.

Just wake up from your daydream,these link which you have taken from 2007 when this sporting act was introduced,pvt broadcaster have objection that time but 2years ago when supreme court ordered that sporting act only for dd fd and terrestrial network,now after that nobody have any problem to sharing feed with DD,even sports18 khel,sony wah,star utsav movies telecasting many premiere sporting events for dd freedish viewers,you are only soul who have problem for this...Now we can also see your problem with north indian people too..

Just wake up from your daydream,these link which you have taken from 2007 when this sporting act was introduced,pvt broadcaster have objection that time but 2years ago when supreme court ordered that sporting act only for dd fd and terrestrial network,now after that nobody have any problem to sharing feed with DD,even sports18 khel,sony wah,star utsav movies telecasting many premiere sporting events for dd freedish viewers,you are only soul who have problem for this...
Doesn't make sense, if DD interested on Private organisers sports events airing free everywhere on DD/Free DD Dish, lets they should participate on big sports Media Rights Auction and WIn Rights, then nobody will question.
..Now we can also see your problem with north indian people too..
What about you any problem with south states, they're continues adding Regional languages like Hindi, Bhojpuri channels and fooling other Regional language DD viewers. else they should change name as DDFD Bhojpuri or Hindi.
Just wake up from your daydream,these link which you have taken from 2007 when this sporting act
They're saying same every time 2007 sports Act, just Sake of National Revenue Importance of DD/PB.

Doesn't make sense, if DD interested on Private organisers sports events airing free everywhere on DD/Free DD Dish, lets they should participate on big sports Media Rights Auction and WIn Rights, then nobody will question.
If we take the BBC approach and let government starts charging us license fee for TVs. Private broadcasters would be doomed.
What about you any problem with south states, they're continues adding Regional languages like Hindi, Bhojpuri channels and fooling other Regional language DD viewers. else they should change name as DDFD Bhojpuri or Hindi.
They don't add private channels on their own. Channels have to take part in auction. Southern states has higher GDP. People there can afford pay tv more than their counterparts. On top of that cable was very cheaper here. This is why they are more glued to their TV. Once people starts having habit of pay TV. It's difficult to switch to free TV.
They're saying same every time 2007 sports Act, just Sake of National Revenue Importance of DD/PB.
It's a 4 year old article. I see growth not loss in the sports market. Uday Shankar himself has started a FTA sports channel.

Meanwhile when are you planning to approach Supreme Court?

Why suddenly dd sports posts floating on this thread instead of new sporting events on dd free dish looks like new appointed BCCI president Roger binny effect and we expect he might bring back glory days of dd sports as his prime time dd sports/ dd was prime sports telecast channel in India :lol: :lol:

If we take the BBC approach and let government starts charging us license fee for TVs. Private broadcasters would be doomed.

They don't add private channels on their own. Channels have to take part in auction. Southern states has higher GDP. People there can afford pay tv more than their counterparts. On top of that cable was very cheaper here. This is why they are more glued to their TV. Once people starts having habit of pay TV. It's difficult to switch to free TV.

It's a 4 year old article. I see growth not loss in the sports market. Uday Shankar himself has started a FTA sports channel.

Meanwhile when are you planning to approach Supreme Court?
Don't blindly post reply just defending DD or someone followers, Understand that I am talking about Private broadcasters, Private organisers sports events and those sports events not from Govt and National Importance DD to Private broadcasters.

Don't blindly post reply just defending DD or someone followers, Understand that I am talking about Private broadcasters, Private organisers sports events and those sports events not from Govt and National Importance DD to Private broadcasters.
You are posting 4-5 year old articles where your theory's have already failed. Now you are offended by me for stating facts.

Why don't you approach Supreme Court instead of wasting time ranting on some forum?

You are posting 4-5 year old articles where your theory's have already failed. Now you are offended by me for stating facts.
But fact can't deny those sports events from Private organizers and Private broadcasters, Not from Government or DD, court.
Why don't you approach Supreme Court instead of wasting time ranting on some forum?
Lets wait some months BCCI media Rights, DDFD channel Auction too coming in market, hope you remember last time Big broadcasters how trumped PB/DD.

Back
Top Bottom