Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,450
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,101

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
But fact can't deny those sports events from Private organizers and Private broadcasters, Not from Government or DD, court.

Lets wait some months BCCI media Rights, DDFD channel Auction too coming in market, hope you remember last time Big broadcasters how trumped PB/DD.
Fact is you don't have any idea of what you talk about.

you can't hide fact about Private organisers/ Companies sports events, also I don't need replies from you to defend free DD and Someone's reaction followers blindly.
I am not hiding anything. If you represent India you are a event of national importance. If not play under BCCI, AIFF, Olympics flag not ours.

Just stop this man rd22 ,he just fighting to almost all members instead of doing that he should fight with government and supreme court...

Just stop this man rd22 ,he just fighting to almost all members instead of doing that he should fight with government and supreme court...
Prashant shridhar i am not fighting to defend DD like you everytime, also I am not begging with DD/Aakashvani asking everything for Free. As Viewer expecting Sports market need much needed growth to survive Pay Channels.
I am not hiding anything. If you represent India you are a event of national importance. If not play under BCCI, AIFF, Olympics flag not ours.
Now it's complete business and BCCI completely private entity, earlier DD/90s era people mentions playing for india even Government too Supported for BCCI. But now things changed BCCI BCCI only, just Representing india name in world cup jersey, else it's Sponsors byjus India or Star india.

Prashant shridhar i am not fighting to defend DD like you everytime, also I am not begging with DD/Aakashvani asking everything for Free. As Viewer expecting Sports market need much needed growth to survive Pay Channels.

Now it's complete business and BCCI completely private entity, earlier DD/90s era people mentions playing for india even Government too Supported for BCCI. But now things changed BCCI BCCI only, just Representing india name in world cup jersey, else it's Sponsors byjus India or Star india.
I too have pvt dth connection like you but I am happy that common man of india is getting premium sports free and this facility available in many countries too,govt made only india centric match free for dd freedish not all so all are happy except you....Once again I am requesting you to plz stop argument with us and search a good lawyer and submit petition in supreme court on the behalf of pvt broadcasters..

Don't mention Poor People/Audience, also don't mention whole india sake of North States and Regional language Hindi Channels.

I'm not blindly supporting PB/DD Sports Agenda everytime, there're lot of private broadcasters Acquiring Sports broadcasting Rights Exclusively for huge money and whereas DD airing with zero investment, Advertising Agencies loosing interest on private broadcasters without EXCLUSIVE property.
You mean PVT Broadcasters can charge Rs.100 per month in the name of exclusive, They can earn more money (80% share of advertising) from DDFD.

Last edited:

BCCI is not complete private entity, they can save crores of rupees tax amount and other exemptions in the name of sports body with Govt befits like BSNL.

Back
Top Bottom