Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,453
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,373

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Sorry to say this but, what is the relation between Sony not airing matches and Seven airing them? Both are very unrelated.. As matches are on TV by a private broadcaster called FoxTel in Australia.

So, by your logic Star should only put the PL matches shown by Sky Sports? No right? Even now only around 52% of PL matches are in TV in UK.

7 is a FTA broadcaster who shares CA rights with FoxTel a private network. They have jointly acquired them on sharing basis.
Is there any limit set by Cricket Australia on number of matches that can be televised on TV like Star has with Premier League?

Is there any limit set by Cricket Australia on number of matches that can be televised on TV like Star has with Premier League?
No nothing..

I was just saying what ever the point he was trying to make to defend like Sony only gets 24 matches is just nonsense. 24 matches are airing on FTA basis on 7 along with Fox as they both jointly bid for the CA rights. All matches are on TV in Australia via Fox.

No nothing..

I was just saying what ever the point he was trying to make to defend like Sony only gets 24 matches is just nonsense. 24 matches are airing on FTA basis on 7 along with Fox as they both jointly bid for the CA rights. All matches are on TV in Australia via Fox.
i thought wbbl league management & CA decision to gave 24 matches live for view for tv i don't know if sony make this type of deal or not just wait till count end 24 if Sony show less then it's fault of Sony if count count 24 then my view is right.
Btw
@Saichaitanya4496 before comment about my view add a source that proved all wbbl matches made for televised at least I attached source which clearly stated 24 matches this season contract by management to be televised you saying I also know foxtell is an app and matches also live on app then why not on TV cause match exclusively for app only
P. S. I am not fanboy of any sports channel.

Tuning in via cricket.com.au and the CA Live app can be done via our match centre or Apple TV. It's simple to do and doesn't cost you a cent – CA Live app users tap 'More' in the bottom bar then 'Sign Up' in the top right. On desktop or mobile web, just click here, fill in a few basic details and enjoy some live cricket!
The Decision Review System (DRS) has been introduced for the 24 Weber WBBL|08 matches shown on both Seven and Foxtel, including finals.

The remaining 35 matches WBBL|08 matches, to be broadcast on Foxtel and cricket.com.au, will be produced via live stream technology which does not currently support DRS.

Last edited:
i thought wbbl league management & CA decision to gave 24 matches live for view for tv i don't know if sony make this type of deal or not just wait till count end 24 if Sony show less then it's fault of Sony if count count 24 then my view is right.
Btw
@Saichaitanya4496 before comment about my view add a source that proved all wbbl matches made for televised at least I attached source which clearly stated 24 matches this season contract by management to be televised you saying I also know foxtell is an app and matches also live on app then why not on TV cause match exclusively for app only
P. S. I am not fanboy of any sports channel.

Tuning in via cricket.com.au and the CA Live app can be done via our match centre or Apple TV. It's simple to do and doesn't cost you a cent – CA Live app users tap 'More' in the bottom bar then 'Sign Up' in the top right. On desktop or mobile web, just click here, fill in a few basic details and enjoy some live cricket!
The Decision Review System (DRS) has been introduced for the 24 Weber WBBL|08 matches shown on both Seven and Foxtel, including finals.

The remaining 35 matches WBBL|08 matches, to be broadcast on Foxtel and cricket.com.au, will be produced via live stream technology which does not currently support DRS.

I saw some days back Sony Six schedule they schedules many matches, later match day cancelled broadcasting and those matches Remain Digital exclusive on Sony Liv/Fancode.
Bro before blame Sony sports
Check below not all matches made for TV from start as per schedule it mentions as exclusive to app only match live on 7 will show on TV
Exact numbers of televised match read that on cricket Australia site alsoalso so 24 matches live on Sony sports 👇👇

In Australia, one can watch every match on Foxtel. However, 24 of the 59 matches will simultaneously be broadcast on Seven, and the other 35 on cricket.com.au.

t6d4G2H.jpg
Today also women's big Bash not airing on Sony Six, even yesterday night they aired Non stop cricket and sirf sony pe dikhega promos. But Tomorrow Sony six Schedules women's Big Bash match Because Sunday.

Excellent work by Star Sports during India Pakistan match. Minimal ads. Felt like watching on Hotstar.

We just need a proper longer highlights broadcast. Their highlights are very short. I was watching the highlights felt like they skipped a lot. Highlights should be from batter and bowler perspective as well.

Lol.. I don't know what you understood from the exact source you have provided. But it also says the whatever i Had previously said. FYR. 👇👇
In Australia, one can watch every match on Foxtel. However, 24 of the 59 matches will simultaneously be broadcast on Seven, and the other 35 on cricket.com.au.
Just FYI, FoxTel isn't an app, it's a company which operates FOX sports, Kayo Sports among other things. And Seven is a FTA broadcaster like our DD which also have rights for those 24 matches. Thats what it said. Idk why you are dragging this, even after I cleared your misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Now someone will go and protest against Australian Govt and 7 sports channel,why why they giving 24 matches free of WBBL 2022..😝
When cricket left BBC for Sky. Popularity dip so bad they had bring formats like T20 was brought to attract viewers back.

Now someone will go and protest against Australian Govt and 7 sports channel,why why they giving 24 matches free of WBBL 2022..😝
Unlike DD, 7 pays their share of money for procurement of rights. Which is very different from Indian market where Govt forces to share the rights for free, which is rediculous. There is huge difference on how they are operating.

Also, Australia have multiple FTA broadcasters who even bid for the rights to broadcast them. This time Seven Network has paid a significant percentage of rights valuation along with FoxTel to get those rights. So, please don't even compare with the idiocracy that Indian Govt is forcing broadcasters to do.

Back
Top Bottom