Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,456
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,771

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Major league announced 3 years back and maximum indian players playing in league. Willow TV/Times Group Co founder of Major league, SRK too own franchise in this Major cricket. I think this league can surpass Chokers Rename league SA20 in most of countries:blush2:

Major league announced 3 years back and maximum indian players playing in league. Willow TV/Times Group Co founder of Major league, SRK too own franchise in this Major cricket. I think this league can surpass Chokers Rename league SA20 in most of countries:blush2:
Is BCCI allowed to play Indian cricketers in this Private league?

At the moment after IPL, SA20 seems to have drawn the biggest players compared to ILT20 as people are taking break from Big Bash and playing in it. Lets see how many owners are planning to own teams in MLC. One disadvantage of MLC is its early morning timezone not primetime in India. So I dont think any Indian broadcaster will be prepared to pay the big bucks. That was the main reason I think SA20 didnt invoke much interest the first time as if it was played at night in SA it would not suit broadcaster in India only when they agreed to telecast matches in Indian primetime SA20 got a broadcaster in India.

I would like to see who will go for the MLC rights in India. I expect Viacom18 will be interested as NBA season will be over by July so expect their morning slots to be free

At the moment after IPL, SA20 seems to have drawn the biggest players compared to ILT20 as people are taking break from Big Bash and playing in it. Lets see how many owners are planning to own teams in MLC. One disadvantage of MLC is its early morning timezone not primetime in India. So I dont think any Indian broadcaster will be prepared to pay the big bucks. That was the main reason I think SA20 didnt invoke much interest the first time as if it was played at night in SA it would not suit broadcaster in India only when they agreed to telecast matches in Indian primetime SA20 got a broadcaster in India.

I would like to see who will go for the MLC rights in India. I expect Viacom18 will be interested as NBA season will be over by July so expect their morning slots to be free
When no broadcasters interested in rights than suddenly fancode comes in his style and acquired rights
aHL6bcO.jpg

MLC Selected matches on early morning and remaining matches on indian primetime like CPL.
I think they will airing matches on Times Group indian channels or partnership with Eurosport/1Sports, Streaming Rights can attract to Viacom18, Prime Video and hotstar too.

Back
Top Bottom